• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK Rumors

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
There's still a lot of us out here that held out another season waiting to see if any of this speculation on a new engine comes true.

Out of the 3 riders in my group I'll be all over a new Pro 800 HO and then the bug will bite the other two.

Bottom line: Polaris need to step it up in 2013 if they want my market share after all the 800 CFI issues.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
It would quite the gamble if Polaris would try to bring a 900 back and I don't think Polaris is ready for that again. Imagine how hard Polaris would have to spend on marketing just to convince people it's better the the old 900?? I know there's alot of good 900's out there, but the bad stories caused too much damage to their image.
800's are here to stay, don't expect a 900, 1000 2 strokes anytime soon. I'd just expect some sort of 800HO motor in 2013.

Maybe they should run it, but this time call it an 866 :face-icon-small-win :face-icon-small-blu

BTW, I too had an 05 900 that would stretch the arms and had zero issues, other than the thousands spent to keep it under the 600# mark! It would be loads of fun in a lightweight chassis!!

Last edited:
H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Even if they do a HO 2s it's going to add weight, poo will have no choice but to strengthen the motor, for warranty reasons! AC got a big portion of the power in the HO from shaving a ton of weight off the crank, and I doubt you could do the same for a poo! As sad as it is everybody is going to 4s that damn EPA is making things hard to comply with! But by adding a 4s in line up it makes there 2s available!

IMO poos 4s suck balls look at there 4wheelers they blow, and most run the ktm engine because of this Aaaaaaand we all know those razr motors blow the big one!

Just my 2cents

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
It would quite the gamble if Polaris would try to bring a 900 back and I don't think Polaris is ready for that again. Imagine how hard Polaris would have to spend on marketing just to convince people it's better the the old 900?? I know there's alot of good 900's out there, but the bad stories caused too much damage to their image.
800's are here to stay, don't expect a 900, 1000 2 strokes anytime soon. I'd just expect some sort of 800HO motor in 2013.

Maybe, if they just put out pics and comercials before next winter. But this talk about a mid-seson release of something gets me thinking..

Let people try it late winter/spring, and if a new engine hauls a$$ then..

RS

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Things to ponder.

Polaris already has the license to existing DI technology via Orbital.

Yep... In the triple water craft engines back in the day. Lots of advancement since then... all speculation on anything.

DI may be good... but it is expensive, heavy and complex.

The existing CFI system will go as long as possible for them before they consider a change.

As far as a 2 stroke turbo goes... besides the emissions regs, which is a formidiable hurdle, would be cost to the consumer, warranty issues, engine mods to handle the increased hp... To sell this to a consumer for $14-$15 for the sled.... This is also the fact that you are talking about distributing these developments over a very small customer base.

As far as Weber motors go, I'd be happy if Polaris came out with a new one with them...They build very high quality products... SwissAuto does not make the Weber... They helped with the first design for the FST sleds... I would imagine that they have some big tricks up their sleeve for the next generation.

Remember this guys... It is only a small group of people that really scream for more hp in the sleds... most of them are on these forums.

3/4 of sled sales are NON mountain segment sleds that don't need the huge motors. Demand for high hp mtn sleds is not that significant in the big picture in order to go through heroic measures in development.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
MH, all true but....the mountain segment dominates snowmobile advertising. Aside from the AC "Old Man Winter" ads, virtually every snowmobile ad, regardless of brand, features a mountain sled in the mountains.

"We" mountain sled buyers and riders may represent a small percentage of production and total sales revenue but we have a disproportionately huge impact on each brand's reputation of quality, performance and reliability.

We are the litmus test for sleds.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Even if they do a HO 2s it's going to add weight, poo will have no choice but to strengthen the motor, for warranty reasons! AC got a big portion of the power in the HO from shaving a ton of weight off the crank, and I doubt you could do the same for a poo! As sad as it is everybody is going to 4s that damn EPA is making things hard to comply with! But by adding a 4s in line up it makes there 2s available!

IMO poos 4s suck balls look at there 4wheelers they blow, and most run the ktm engine because of this Aaaaaaand we all know those razr motors blow the big one!

Just my 2cents

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

I will agree that the 4wheeler motors by poo are nothing to write home about, but I would disagree on the RZR XP 900 motor. My XP flat out hauls and runs strong. Im very impressed with that motor, and the XP.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I will agree that the 4wheeler motors by poo are nothing to write home about, but I would disagree on the RZR XP 900 motor. My XP flat out hauls and runs strong. Im very impressed with that motor, and the XP.

Whats wrong with them?
Have you ridden an 850?

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
Dont understand why people would be scared of a 900. You pro owner bought the dragon motor. I had a lot better luck with my 900 than my cf4 800.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Whats wrong with them?
Have you ridden an 850?

Exactly !! The 850XP is a great package. Poo builds great 4 strokes, but it's not what I want in my sled. Give me a long stroke, big bore like my old 900 RMK in the Pro chassis and I will be a happy man.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
700 rmk be cool too see but like you said probably a 4stroke

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Exactly !! The 850XP is a great package. Poo builds great 4 strokes, but it's not what I want in my sled. Give me a long stroke, big bore like my old 900 RMK in the Pro chassis and I will be a happy man.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Yeah, and ressurect that 166" track while they're at it!!:face-icon-small-hap

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Whats wrong with them?
Have you ridden an 850?

sorry I should reclarify My only experience is with the first gen sportsman 500s, and the predators....the new ones may be good....sorry

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
sorry I should reclarify My only experience is with the first gen sportsman 500s, and the predators....the new ones may be good....sorry

Holy crap, you gotta go back a long way for that to be a "new" bike. LOL

Premium Features