• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Damaged Clutch Sheave Faces!

Oct 14, 2008
Eureka, Montana
I had one of the Pan Head Bolts that secure the Secondary Roller break loose and hammer the Sheave Faces on My 09 Summit X, After i fix the Roller bolt how effective will my clutches be if i sand out most of the nicks and get rid of the rough edges. Should i try it first before i replace everything or am i just waisting my time??? Are the Roller Bolts an issue with the 09's.

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
Yes, the roller bolts are a PITA on the XP's. Gotta check em often and recheck em to make sure they aren't backing out. As far as sanding out the nicks, I would bet you'll be wasting your time....and money. What may seem like a good sanding job can still have big enough edges to heat up your belt and blow one after the other after the other. I'd have the sheaves refaced....I know doodoctor can reface them back to the stock BRP angles. I'd give him a call....he refaced my secondary last fall due to the same problem you have right now.

Check his website at www.floatingQRS.com

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
I had one of the Pan Head Bolts that secure the Secondary Roller break loose and hammer the Sheave Faces on My 09 Summit X, After i fix the Roller bolt how effective will my clutches be if i sand out most of the nicks and get rid of the rough edges. Should i try it first before i replace everything or am i just waisting my time??? Are the Roller Bolts an issue with the 09's.

my brother had the same thing happen to his 09 this year.took it apart and sanded the clutches.road with no problems.has peplaced the secondary because he got a deal on it.still riding with the primary.these clutches were a mess.its alot of sanding.try to pm aksledslinger he did have both clutches for an 08 500 dollars +shipping.

D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
did his clutch look as bad as this, i want to try and clean it up and continue using it but not sure if it is possible

CIMG3830.jpg

W
Dec 19, 2009
Zimmerman MN
Looks like really good belt traction to me. no more belt slipping! haha.

Sorry for the sarcastic post. I'd try cleaning it up a little and running it. I would guess that it would work just fine

Premium Features