• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'98 700 PS, Stock can LOUD!?!

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Hey Powder Special junkies, one of my buds bought a 700 PS last year, and it is the loudest sled I've ever heard. Seems to have the stock square box can on it still, which looks exactly like the factory can on my '04 1M 600.

Were these sleds really loud, or has something burned out of the can, or what??
It's so loud you really MUST wear hearing protection to load it in the trailer...

Other than that, and the fact that it's kind of a tank, it's a good sled!!
Thanks for any insight!!
Chris

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I have seen them cut open and gutted. Look at it closely and you should see where it was cut and welded. Their isn't a lot in the other than some baffels. Not a lot of packing. So it doens't really burn out like a bike exhaust.

Thunder

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
You can also do the reverse, we've cut them open, repacked the **** out of them with packing you buy from Dennis kirk or if you really want to cheap out fiberglass house insulation from Home Depot and you'll get a few seasons out of it, then close them up a nice bead of weld, one of my buds used to just tack here and there and silicone the seam so he could repack every few seasons.

Premium Features