• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 zr 600 efi

O
Nov 11, 2008
First I want to thank Jeff at funoutfitters.com for his help at the beginning of this season on my 95 700zr. But now I have my buddies 01 600zr efi in my garage with a burned piston on the clutch side. the thing has always run great but... the last time we took it out before this ride it started having a problem with starting when warm, you would have to just hold the throttle open above idle to get it to start, but it would run great after that. Anyway this last weekend we went for a spin, about 20 degrees around 8 inches of fresh snow the machines were warmed up before the ride and we were about 4 miles out going across a lake. He ran it up to full throttle and held it there for a short while then let off, when he started to get in to it again it dropped the clutch side cylinder! Burned the edge right on the exhaust port. If it was a carb sled I would think it was a jetting problem but it's an efi so I am stumped as to what to check for the problem. BTW it does have new throttle body flanges on it at the beginning of the season. Anyone have any ideas
thanks
Mick

Premium Features