• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Free basic membership?

W

waterdog

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 14, 2007
How do I get drop from the free basic membership?
I would no longer like to support Snowest with my number used as a tool

Thanks for any info

Brian

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I thought there was going to be a free membership? I can't do anything anymore. I can't even read posts on threads that I am subscribed to. I thought there was a free membership that gave you some forum rights. I don't see any?!?

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
Ya I just logged on and noticed that I can no longer even read anything. Really Really ****ty. This was a great site, but now the entire membership has been fragmented among all the 'new' sites... seriously why would not even let people read the posts with a free basic membership???? I bet your advertisers are really happy about the massive decline in the number of views and click throughs on their ads. I'm not willing to pay at this point since its quite evident the forum traffic has slowed to a crawl. THANKS for ruining the best snowmobiling site on the internet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Free Members have full access to every thread in all the forums. So you most certainly CAN read.

Your limit is that you can read only the first 50 posts in any given thread.

The overwhelming majority of posts on SnoWest do not break the 50 post mark.

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
Except for the riding conditions threads for all my local riding areas!!!!!:face-icon-small-fro

I will probably pay up but as an internet forum user dating back to the day of BBS's I am really unimpressed. The whole 'apple itunes' give me your credit card info business model really rubs me the wrong way.

I have been part of many forums in the past that started off great, experienced huge growth then died when restrictions were placed on the users. Really hope I don't pay to watch this site die.

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
Except for the riding conditions threads for all my local riding areas!!!!!:face-icon-small-fro

I will probably pay up but as an internet forum user dating back to the day of BBS's I am really unimpressed. The whole 'apple itunes' give me your credit card info business model really rubs me the wrong way.

I have been part of many forums in the past that started off great, experienced huge growth then died when restrictions were placed on the users. Really hope I don't pay to watch this site die.

Don't pay then! They don't care how you feel as long as you cough up the dough. Whether you pay it disgruntled or happily, you're still lining their pockets. Money is money to them, no matter how you felt when you gave it to them.

Premium Features