• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

waiting for snow....

D
Oct 19, 2009
Erie, Pa.
...in Erie, Pa. Greetings from the extreme northwest corner of Pa.. A few weeks ago we actually did have snow-just a teaser, since Lake Erie too warm to keep anything frozen. However, it was enough to make all of us start digging out our riding gear, and making plans for the short riding season in this area. Definitely will be heading for Canada for our yearly week-long trip. I ride with 2 other people, both guys(my brother's friends). I am the only girl I know around here who does this kind of long distance riding(average of 200-300 miles a day). Most people who live in this area cover about 200 miles all season long doing what is referred to around here as "alcohol runs"-riding from bar to bar. I rode for the first time last year in the Cochran, Ontario region and ran out of gas one day-still unsure what exactly is wrong with my sled(2003 Polaris classic). Maybe someone would like to hear that story sometime?! or, have an answer to how that dilemna arose? Anyways, nice being here, and happy riding to those who have gotten the chance to ride already. For the rest of us, we are eagerly awaiting the sounds, smells, and scenery that come with this cold and sometimes crazy lifestyle.......denise in Erie, Pa.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
...in Erie, Pa. Greetings from the extreme northwest corner of Pa.. A few weeks ago we actually did have snow-just a teaser, since Lake Erie too warm to keep anything frozen. However, it was enough to make all of us start digging out our riding gear, and making plans for the short riding season in this area. Definitely will be heading for Canada for our yearly week-long trip. I ride with 2 other people, both guys(my brother's friends). I am the only girl I know around here who does this kind of long distance riding(average of 200-300 miles a day). Most people who live in this area cover about 200 miles all season long doing what is referred to around here as "alcohol runs"-riding from bar to bar. I rode for the first time last year in the Cochran, Ontario region and ran out of gas one day-still unsure what exactly is wrong with my sled(2003 Polaris classic). Maybe someone would like to hear that story sometime?! or, have an answer to how that dilemna arose? Anyways, nice being here, and happy riding to those who have gotten the chance to ride already. For the rest of us, we are eagerly awaiting the sounds, smells, and scenery that come with this cold and sometimes crazy lifestyle.......denise in Erie, Pa.

Welcome Denise! Yes, check out the Powder Room on this site. You'll get to know the ladies very well on that site, but puruse around the other threads too - you'll find some very entertaining. :D

By the way I was born and raised in PA!

Premium Features