• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any reeds for the 670 X?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
You can order the carb boots though ski doo. I use to have a snowtech magazine with the part number, 98 summit x carb boots will work for a 97 are older 670 but there was a carb boot that was even shorter. Call dynoport Rich daley will no the part number for the short boots.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I see you have a 740 unionbay motor, do you still have oil injection?
the ski doo carb boots are for oil injection only.

If you ditch the oil injection, union bay made a short intake cover for the rotary valve and they had there own carb boots.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Can someone explain clutches to me? I dont really know how they work or how they can be adjusted... I feel noobish, but lets here it!

There is a book that really helps you to understand the fundamentals of clutching. It is Olav Aaen's clutch tuning guide. It will give you the Gyst on what your clutches are trying to do.

Those sleds were VERY responsive to Aftermarket pipes. A skid setback is a good cheap performance mod.

With my 98 summit-x I cut, I believe 7 coils out of the carb springs to make the thumb lever easier to pull.... they overloaded the spring as their prevention of a throttle sticking (mainly due to poor maintenance.)

And get rid of those skis. I remember they darted a lot.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I see you have a 740 unionbay motor, do you still have oil injection?
the ski doo carb boots are for oil injection only.

If you ditch the oil injection, union bay made a short intake cover for the rotary valve and they had there own carb boots.

YEP oil injection is still on there!! But is there more of a chance of a melt down if i pre mix??

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
YEP oil injection is still on there!! But is there more of a chance off a melt down if i pre mix??

less of a chance because you will always have oil as long as you remember to premix. 32/1 is the ratio you would want 20 oz to 5 gallons.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
YEP oil injection is still on there!! But is there more of a chance off a melt down if i pre mix??

actually no. premix is a more controlled way to oil your motor. The reason they did oil injection is to prevent over/under-oiling in the manual premix process... mostly dumbasses who screwed it up, and also for emission purposes... I would just leave it. To save a coupla pounds and premeasure, and fug around...aaah just fill and go.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
actually no. premix is a more controlled way to oil your motor. The reason they did oil injection is to prevent over/under-oiling in the manual premix process... mostly dumbasses who screwed it up, and also for emission purposes... I would just leave it. To save a coupla pounds and premeasure, and fug around...aaah just fill and go.

Ya good point man!

What about the shorter boots??

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have no idea what they cost its been 10 years since I bought one, call kurt at ftxmotorsports they bought out Unionbay some years ago.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada

I have no idea what they cost its been 10 years since I bought one, call kurt at ftxmotorsports they bought out Unionbay some years ago.

KK!! I might just wait to see what the shorter boots will cost!!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The oil injection was in the rotary valve cover and not in the boots. The aftermarket covers generally did not come with oil injection. Last time I looked for a new cover they were hard to find. Give the Crank Shop a call. The carb boots will be different for the stock cover vs the aftermarket one. Figure out wich one you will be using first. They are not that expensive.

Dave

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
If you want one of the short UnionBay intakes go to the swap meet section and look up the fasttracks add they had them listed in their add cheap for like 35-40 bucks if I remember right but it will eliminate the oil injection.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Short boots.............

I do believe the short boots you are looking for are the ones from the 95' mach 1 670. My 94.5 Summit 670 had those boots on it from the factory.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
As Zach said be sure your rpm's are spot on, have your tach checked to make sure it is close, on my 98 670 summit I felt it pulled the hardest when it was at 7850-7900 at WOT and then it would drift up to 8000 on the top end. It really seemed to drop off if I tried to start it out at 8000. The last time I looked Dynoport still offered the shorty boot and valve kit. My son still rides the old 670 and believe me everthing has to be right on my 800 summit if I am going to stay with him or get by him.

100_0084.jpg

Premium Features