• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few pics

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I've never put any pics on here before, mostly because I'm a dummy with computers, so I'll get my kid to help. I wanted to show two of my sleds and some of the views from my farm, these were taken today by my wife in a hayfield behind our house.

I have always named my sleds after songs I like, "this flight tonight" by nazareth cause when I do something stupid I think of the lyrics... should not have got on this flight tonight, and "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult, a friend called the 700 that years ago and it just kinda stuck. The 700 is a 770 ET bigbore, psi twins, VF3's, mikuni 40mm carbs bored to 41.5, 159"x2.4" polaris series 4, Holz rear skid, tunnel and rail extensions, Holz trailing arms with Wimpy's radius rods, gripper skis, Wongs drop and roll, and probably more that I can't remember. The other one is a complete Holz custom that I found here on snowest, Mark built the chassie and Jack struthers had polaris build the engine. It's a Watercraft based 1200 triple, one ride on her and the 700 just wasn't doing it for me anymore. So to all the guys that have asked over the years here are my main rides, hope you like the pics. Jay

IMG_7433.jpg IMG_7436.jpg IMG_7445.jpg IMG_7450.jpg IMG_7465.jpg IMG_7518.jpg IMG_7530.jpg

Last edited:
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Old skooooool best pic! Love the sound of triples, gawd going to have to buy a triple now:)

attachment.php

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Sweeeet! I used to own a Polaris Triple. Man that thing pulled hard, so much harder than all the current twins. Fun times.

Also, the sound of triples is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Just listen to this! Music to my ears.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I see that last one is a PSI triple. What size was it?

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Love the video, that whole skis in the air thing is addicting :face-icon-small-hap I ran 650 mods back when, and when everybody went to the 7/800 twins I followed along because they just made more power, but I never did get used to the sound, they just didn't sound right. I've never rode anything like this 1200, there is just so much HP and the sound is perfect. The skis in the air pics are from a rolling start about 5 mph and then just hit it, thats on flat ground in about 10" of fresh. On a hill it's like your video, your steering with your weight. You really got to ride these things to see how much fun they are.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I love the sound of a good triple! I own 3 triples but only 2 of them are up and running. I love the smooth power that they have when compared to a twin. Besides that... You dont hear them anymore!

Great pics of your sled!!!:rockon:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
7 years ago, where does the time go? The ‘98 has UB 900 in it now and the Holz has been on blocks in the shop for years now. Haven’t ridden either one since I don’t remember when. Priorities change, life happens. The older I get the better I was.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features