• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ryde FX or FOX Zero Pro Racing Shocks - Which are Better?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
i have a set of each and looking to put one or the other on the ol' 04 Escape. Which ones are the better shocks? Looking to dump the stock nitrex.

Thanks!!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I used to LOVE the Fox products on the Gen2, but the RydeFX rebuildable shocks have a good reputation as far as I recall, the ones on the earlier IQ chassis were great for example. I am sure someone on the forums here has had them apart and can comment on the internals and how well (or not) the damping works, and how often they need rebuilt, but I don't think you could lose with either one. Fox is probably more common in terms of being able to get people who know how to work on them.

P.S. Have a flash drive with like 6 years of pictures and videos on it for you. I plugged it into my digital picture "frame" at work today and it was so refreshing to look at...

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If you have the Ryde FX setup by a good shock guy they will be as good as the Fox, that is what I did on one of my Edge RMKs. The other got Carl's Cycle setup ZeroPros and I couldn't tell a difference.

Now if you are replacing shocks and having to buy it has been my experience that you can get the Fox for less money than the Ryde FX.

sled_guy

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Have two of them. Love them both!! Both put the 2010 Dragon to shame.

04 edge sleds.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features