• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New tunnel coolers / snow buildup

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Im interested to hear if the new system keeps the tunnel and running boards cooler thus keeping snow from building up?

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
when I rode the rev4 there was something interesting I noticed. even with the same skid as the xm's in the group, the rev when stopped didn't hold snow in the back 1/2 of the skid. it was crappy wet snow but defiantly
held way less snow back there. not sure why the difference maybe track design. couldn't make sense of it

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Yammi / Cat is gonna have to make another propaganda video about how much snow buildup the new doo doo has. They are getting pretty good at packing it on there . . . lol

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
That's good to hear that it is actually holding less.

When I looked under the tunnel at the sled show last weekend I thought it looked like it may still hold a fair bit.

I thought the coolers would be more continuous, but they stop a fair way from the tunnel edge and also have a channel down the centre that appears uncooled??

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The reason the cat worked so well is the cooler is under the seat so the snow on the tunnel doesn't melt, run down on the boards and freeze. So if the g4 cooler is under seat it should be the same. Plus if the boards are more open it will help a lot.

Premium Features