• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrp mountain tuff boards.

Dec 26, 2010
Hey have any of you guys tried out the wrp mountain tuff running boards for the XP? Or anything equivalent? I am looking into the Wrp boards more for snow clear out then board stiffness. Any info would be awesome. Thanks!

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
JT Panels "No Snow" Running Boards

A friend and I both went with these JT Panels "No Snow" Running Boards. They work nearly just as well as any tube frame boards although they are only considered an insert. The kit comes with bolts, but I personally asked for black rivets and he provided me them at no extra charge. I'll try to snap a pic of them on my sled next time I'm in the garage.

Here is the installation video:

http://youtu.be/Zolpyf1rpRU

Running_Board_Full.JPG

SkidooSteve12

Young boondocker trainer
Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Fruitport, MI
I put the WRP board inserts on my '09 Summit and was very happy with them. Pics of the install.

But for my '14 XP Summit Sport I will be installing the RSI Dumper boards. I like the extra outside flange to give it more strength. My running board edges on my '09 did sag some.

Overlay of the RSI Dumpers over the WRP boards. You can see the RSI boards are quite a bit shorter on running board coverage. I'm not sure, but I might cut open the area behind the boards and add my own aluminum braces for that small area. Snow does build up back there normally and having that open would be nice.

Laying the RSI Dumpers on my '14 XP Summit Sport

Premium Features