• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Home made s36 kit

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I am curious is anyone here has made there own s36 kit. I have been looking at this over and over and it seems possible. Couldn't a person just shorten the top and bottom a arms by the same amount as well as the steering arms. I already have some 16.5 in long shocks. I know that a kit only runs about $550. But with my welder it could be close to free. Might give it a try. Any input would be great.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
My buddy just picked up an XP as his stocker backup sled and as many know, they sidehill like poop. Knowing this when he got it he planned on trying some things to get it better.

He built a set of new upper a-arms to rework the spindle geometry. WOW, it makes the sled 10x easier to ride. I have hated riding xp's to this day, but now i felt right at home, 10 fold easier to sidehill and even with the wider from end it feels awesome. I almost prefer it to the 36". the 38" is stable, and with these arms sidehills insanely easily.

I will talk with him but we jigged them up make more and have tested them on various sleds in the last week and all have been very impressed. I believe we can have a set done up and coated for a fraction of the S36 kit at $550 and you will get similar results in handling, without the super tippy narrow front end. PM me or jskattum606 for more info.

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
My buddy just picked up an XP as his stocker backup sled and as many know, they sidehill like poop. Knowing this when he got it he planned on trying some things to get it better.

He built a set of new upper a-arms to rework the spindle geometry. WOW, it makes the sled 10x easier to ride. I have hated riding xp's to this day, but now i felt right at home, 10 fold easier to sidehill and even with the wider from end it feels awesome. I almost prefer it to the 36". the 38" is stable, and with these arms sidehills insanely easily.

I will talk with him but we jigged them up make more and have tested them on various sleds in the last week and all have been very impressed. I believe we can have a set done up and coated for a fraction of the S36 kit at $550 and you will get similar results in handling, without the super tippy narrow front end. PM me or jskattum606 for more info.

Makes sense to me--how did he handle the foot of the spindle/rubber? Are you thinking of us sending him our a-arms to be modded?

No thank you on the XP, that's why I still ride my REV

BCB

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I still loved my rev for that reason, and spent all sunday on an XM and actually prefer his XP to it as the 36" on the XM's is so damn darty sidehilling, i feel like they overshot ideal with that setup. His Xp also has some steering mods that make it 100x the sled it was before. on the first ride i got off in about 1 minute of riding and got back on mine as i did NOT enjoy it. with the mods, come find me, im not giving it back!! lol

they are not modded stockers, they are a complete set of Chromoly arms ready to bolt on and accept the stock bushings. the ski rubber and mount remain unmolested.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
This is good news!
I loved what the S36 did to my xp.

So do you have a price yet?

If your price is really a fraction, just out with it on the forum and don't make every single person pm you for it. You will sell more.

I would be interested in trying them...

L
May 15, 2009

I would also like to have more information and price on doing this to my XP.
Really don't want to go w/the 36" front end and this sounds like an ideal solution and can still use the stock shocks, less money spent:face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i know guys, sorry to come out with so much but so little info. It has really just been one of those things that got tested and worked so well, that we have been busy making sure it works across various sleds/mods and have been VERY impressed with the results. Now that we have seen what it can do we are going to be working out the costing side of things so we can get some more out there.

Also, they do shave a bit over a pound. also, putting together some video to show that it obviously makes the sled easier to ride.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Im the one everyone is talking about. haha
I would like to sell these as i feel it is a dramatic improvement to the XP setup
Lets do a spring Snow west deal as i want to get some feed back from others
How about $120 shipped in the US for the first 5 sets.
I will start a new thread on this today with Pictures and video.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Maybe not what your looking for but when I had a 08, I put Simmons skis on it and made offset spacer plates that put the outer edge of the ski flush with the outer edge of the spindle. This was 36.5 " c to c. This was accompanied by other suspension adjustments to lessen ski pressure and also this is when our Spindle Spacers were developed to change the steering ratio.

All this was done before BRP changed the ratio in 2010 and did the 36" width in 2011.

R
Jan 28, 2008
Im the one everyone is talking about. haha
I would like to sell these as i feel it is a dramatic improvement to the XP setup
Lets do a spring Snow west deal as i want to get some feed back from others
How about $120 shipped in the US for the first 5 sets.
I will start a new thread on this today with Pictures and video.

I'm in. PM sent.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
So if I'm reading correctly, stock lower arm w/ new upper?? $120 is a smoking deal if it works. Really like the 36" kits. Running a Skidoo kit, got a great deal, $350 w/ shocks, and Alternative Impact w/ stock length Doo shocks. Works equally well, but more money. Looking forward to more info.

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Are these available for 04-07 REVs as well as the XP? I hope your video shows the spindle to ski mounting as I am trying to envision how the stock foot of the spindle accepts a different angle of attack to the ski mount using the same rubber.

BCB

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So do you think this would improve the 36" front as well? Thoughts on building them for the 36?

working on getting a S36 sled in the shop to test out with. im sure it would help, the concept should work equally well on all widths. it really improves how the ski/hill interaction occurs while sidehilling.

Are these available for 04-07 REVs as well as the XP? I hope your video shows the spindle to ski mounting as I am trying to envision how the stock foot of the spindle accepts a different angle of attack to the ski mount using the same rubber.

BCB

we havent done anything with the rev YET, i still love mine so should be getting some attention.

as for the interaction, the change is only a few degrees, it really doesnt affect the rubber much at all.

Premium Features