• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 psi

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I did a search but did not find the info I was looking for on this engine.

I found a Powder Extreme with a 1200 PSI based on a ZRT 800 bottom end with dial dome heads,claimed 245hp. Were these good motors? I know some of PSI stuff was not good, this is a older motor setup and have heard his older stuff was better then the new stuff? Can you still buy pistons for these if needed? I found them on the PSI website but knowing the owner of psi that doesnt mean much. Any info on this engine is appreciated. Thanks

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
motor

Also what is this motor worth these days?

Depends on some things as far as value.. What are you willing to sell with it?
How fresh is it and do you know any history of the engines owner?
Lastly if it hasn't been run in a while it will need to be to be torn down to check a few things.
Two things that need to be inspected are the counter balance shaft and to make sure the crank has been welded because if the crank has been welded more than likely it was trued first. BUT with that last statement knowing where it came from it probably would be best to pull the crank and have it checked..
IF and I mean If you knew the history and it came with EVERYTHING to drop it in a chassis
I mean all electrical pipes carbs coils ALL of it then maybe 1200 to 1500.. The big unknown
is how it was taken care of. This is a good engine the power out put was close to stated depending on what pipes are used.. If I were to buy this engine the first thing would be to take it apart and go over it with a fine tooth comb..

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Have to agree, motors these days fighting with the newer motors and how cheap there going. I just put together a pump gas 185hp twin in my 09 Cf 600 for around $2000 thats with my boon docker and clutching all included. I would have done the 900 195hp on pump and can have it scream at around 220hp on race for around the same price.

When i parted out my old triple motor it was hard to sell the parts and i still have some sitting in a box, I ended up selling a new crank for $200 bucks cause it didnt move in 8 months.

I have been trying to sell or even part out my old 98 base 720 big bore motor and cant even get $600 for the block with new bottom end and pistons (very hard to get today).
So it comes down to what you want to try and make and if someone is looking for those parts.

Premium Features