• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m-series

D
Dec 5, 2007
are they a bid pain to fix or are the a reliable snowmobile just wondering which one is the best sle the 6 8 or the 1000

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The M7 is funner to ride than any of the others. You would not believe how much weight that reverse gear added. Buy a M7 and if you need more power get a cutler top end for it.

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
the only thing I dont like about an M is you have to remove the pipe to get to the plugs and when your tunning thats a pain and i mean a pain the pipe takes a while to cool down. other then that they are great sleds. I have an M7 and M8

Last edited:

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Love my M7. Its light and very easy to ride. Get the clutching dialed in and its a totally different sled. Mine has had no problems and starts on the second pull when its cold.

M
Jan 25, 2004
SW Montana
Carry a stubby flex neck ratchet along and there's no need to pull the pipe and drop the springs under the motor. You still need to let the pipe cool so your gloves don't melt though. Oh, and try not to drop the plug or wrench under the motor either while your at it.

So what was the topic again?? Pain to fix? Like all sleds are when they breakdown or have problems. Best model? Depends on what your looking for and what you want to spend. They're all the same chassis just different motors, HP, weights and lengths. Some features have changed/ improved since '05 but still basically the same sled. Guess it all depends on what specifics your looking for to get some better answers.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
the only thing I dont like about an M is you have to remove the pipe to get to the plugs and when your tunning thats a pain and i mean a pain the pipe takes a while to cool down. other then that they are great sleds. I have an M7 and M8

all you have to do is remove the two springs from the muffler to pipe and just rotate the pipe forward, it only takes about 5 seconds

Premium Features