• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 ski doo motor into polaris edge?

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
Oh really so you build motors?
Lets see I do hmmm just wonder who knows more
You recommended a ski-doo well lets see 60% of my work comes from blow-en ski -doo 800 motors
On top of that reaper has only owned one 800 Polaris so I guess he is a professional go figure, but he knows it all and when someone that do know! he goes to belittling, but i guess that show just how much he really knows. NO MUCH

This is coming from a guy so out of touch with reality that he actually believes that the Polaris 800 big block doesn't have crank issues! He is so full of crap his eyes are brown.

Last edited:
R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
Oh really so you build motors?
Lets see I do hmmm just wonder who knows more
You recommended a ski-doo well lets see 60% of my work comes from blow-en ski -doo 800 motors
On top of that reaper has only owned one 800 Polaris so I guess he is a professional go figure, but he knows it all and when someone that do know! he goes to belittling, but i guess that show just how much he really knows. NO MUCH

Either put up or shut up clutchman. You claim 5000+ miles on your miraculous builds, yet you wont warranty a motor past one season. You also think that the 800 big block isnt a crank breaker, try getting in touch with reality. We went over all your delusions about the 800 time bomb in a prior thread, no sense rehashing them here. I also recommended a Cat first, then a doo. I personally wouldn't own a Doo, but I wont own another 800 Polaris time bomb either.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209274

You have no idea how many 800's I have owned and how many 800's that I have ridden with for the last 10 years since they have been out. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DUMPED THE CRANK BEFORE 3000 MILES!!!!! Thats at least a dozen sleds. But of course, they dont have crank issues now do they all high and mighty know it all Clutchman.

Its useless to try to talk common sense to someone who has no sense at all. Heres clutchmans list of reasons for throwing the crank, These are quotes from his posts: (keep in mind that clutchman still claims that there is nothing wrong with the 800 big block)

1. This was not a crank problem it was a detination problem that was taking out your crank

2. If you do heavy mods to it and run race gas it will last longer

3. The pistons in the big block motor are so tuff that the detination would not hurt the piston much but would brake cranks.

4. With good oil balanced clutch and no detination the canks are just fine.

5. I don't trust any manufacture on having the crank tru eather so all my 800s i take the crank out and tru them and drill out the oil holes in the case

6. Lets just say this, Polaris has had mass crankshaft failure on their 800 Big Block.

7. I would say he did not take the time to make sure the case was OK and or that the crank was tru and in time

8. Do you have them set the side clearance for your belt when you have the clutch balanced

9. ( Most ) crank problems on ALL makes of sleds are do to improper warm-up. PERIOD.

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
Either put up or shut up clutchman. You claim 5000+ miles on your miraculous builds, yet you wont warranty a motor past one season. You also think that the 800 big block isnt a crank breaker, try getting in touch with reality. We went over all your delusions about the 800 time bomb in a prior thread, no sense rehashing them here. I also recommended a Cat first, then a doo. I personally wouldn't own a Doo, but I wont own another 800 Polaris time bomb either.

You have no idea how many 800's I have owned and how many 800's that I have ridden with for the last 10 years since they have been out. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DUMPED THE CRANK BEFORE 3000 MILES!!!!! Thats at least a dozen sleds. But of course, they don't have crank issues now do they all high and mighty know it all Clutchman.

Its useless to try to talk common sense to someone who has no sense at all. Heres clutchmans list of reasons for throwing the crank, These are quotes from his posts: (keep in mind that clutchman still claims that there is nothing wrong with the 800 big block)

1. This was not a crank problem it was a detination problem that was taking out your crank

3. The pistons in the big block motor are so tuff that the detination would not hurt the piston much but would brake cranks.

5. I don't trust any manufacture on having the crank tru eather so all my 800s i take the crank out and tru them and drill out the oil holes in the case

6. Lets just say this, Polaris has had mass crankshaft failure on their 800 Big Block.

7. I would say he did not take the time to make sure the case was OK and or that the crank was tru and in time

8. Do you have them set the side clearance for your belt when you have the clutch balanced

9. ( Most ) crank problems on ALL makes of sleds are do to improper warm-up. PERIOD.

First of all i never said polaris did not have a problem with the 800 motor. I even went through the steps to make them live.
What i did say is that you can make them live and i do make them live.
If you look above i told this guy that.
You are a POSER none of your knowledge is first had, But you then think you know it all. That fact is you don't know much at all.
THERE IS NO ENGINE BUILDER FOR ANY SNOWMOBILES THAT GUARANTEE THERE MOTOR FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. ALSO NO ONE WOULD EVER GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK THEY WOULD FIX IT.
Oh and thanks to you and the fact that people can see that you know nothing i have got business from these threads.
once again thank you

R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
First of all i never said polaris did not have a problem with the 800 motor. I even went through the steps to make them live.
What i did say is that you can make them live and i do make them live.
If you look above i told this guy that.
You are a POSER none of your knowledge is first had, But you then think you know it all. That fact is you don't know much at all.
THERE IS NO ENGINE BUILDER FOR ANY SNOWMOBILES THAT GUARANTEE THERE MOTOR FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. ALSO NO ONE WOULD EVER GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK THEY WOULD FIX IT.
Oh and thanks to you and the fact that people can see that you know nothing i have got business from these threads.
once again thank you

Wow, now I'm a poser with no first hand knowledge? I guess owning an 800 for the span of 6 years and riding with 800's for over 10 years doesnt give me any first hand knowledge. Oh yea, your right, I dont even own a sled, I'm just a troll............LOL!! God forbid anyone else has any knowledge about a 800 time bomb.

You are a legend in your own mind, you are the greatest and smartest in all the land. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back because noone else will be doing it for you. I most certainly wont be wasting any more of my time replying to your moronic posts.

Like I said before, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. You claim 5000+ miles of boondocking and never lost a crank on any motor you built, I call BS. Noone else on this forum is making the claims that you do. So either back it up or shut up!

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon

You have no idea how many 800's I have owned and how many 800's that I have ridden with for the last 10 years since they have been out. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DUMPED THE CRANK BEFORE 3000 MILES!!!!! Thats at least a dozen sleds. But of course, they dont have crank issues now do they all high and mighty know it all Clutchman.

I see that you neglected to show all of what was said in the other post, just what you wanted other to see.
Here is one of my Quotes.
Lets just say this, Polaris has had mass crankshaft failure on their 800 Big Block. The New Cat motor has a great bottom-end designed by qualified Suzuki engineers. Where as Polaris has chosen a route of using people that are book smart and field stupid in the crankshaft & crankcase finish product. Polaris has a quality control problem. The 2000 to 2005 800 Big Block is one of the best 800's built to date ( The quality control is what has haunted it ) with that being said that is why my motors last I do not trust the people putting it together but the design is great.
With that said i can see that none of the people you were ridding with had the motors tore down and fixed the problems before they broke.

Y
Sep 9, 2010
Ok, i have a 2003 polaris 800 edge, and i am wondering if its possible and if it is how hard it would be to put a 800 ski doo motor into my sled? I know if its possible it will be a lot of fabrication of mounts and stuff but, im capable of doing alot of that. so any feedback or opinions please let me know thanks.

Put an XCR 800 triple in it. It is a VERY fun sled! We build a motor plate conversion kit to make the swap easy and affordable. You can use stock gen 2 pipes in our kit.

B
Feb 24, 2009
Either tare down the 800 you have now and but the big bearing kit in it and you will be fine or put a 600 or 700 motor in it I have an 05 rmk 700 edge with a few mods but no serious motor work and i walk all over my buddies 03 800 sks with the big bearing kit and with plenty of mods. Just a thought.

Premium Features