• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New "PRO RMK" unveiled

F

Flange509

Dec 1, 2007
Colorado
Great, I just get me 08' where I love it and they come out with something that I gotta have, is there any goverment stimulis plan to help me get one of these.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
was it any big difference in the engine performance??

The engine performed great. There was no hesitation at all when holding it at any rpms and from steady low. mid or high rpm when you pinned the throttle it would pull very well. Was told Polaris will no longer give a horsepower rating. To many variables in different situations I guess but the sled did pull hard.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
800poodragon, Please....can you give us some more details?

Will try to answer questions if anybody asks...most specification details have been released..the sled handled great. I love the new suspension. Tried to hit some powder around where we were at but did not get a chance to actually boondock. Climed a couple hills and played in some fields and rode a bit on the trail trying to get it to stumble.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Will try to answer questions if anybody asks...most specification details have been released..the sled handled great. I love the new suspension. Tried to hit some powder around where we were at but did not get a chance to actually boondock. Climed a couple hills and played in some fields and rode a bit on the trail trying to get it to stumble.

POO, how did it compare to your dragon? as nimble, as smooth..feel as powerful?did you notice enough to make you say..I want one?

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
POO, how did it compare to your dragon? as nimble, as smooth..feel as powerful?did you notice enough to make you say..I want one?

Yes it handles better than my dragon, is actually more nimble..where my dragon will lay over easy (it still has the Walkers)it does get pretty soft..too soft sometime...and you get used to a balance point and can hold it. This one I layed it partway over on a turn and it would hold its place much better and easier. You can definately tell it is lighter and lower center of gravity. And the one I rode had the electric start so it was a bit more than 431 lbs. The power is definately there...and very linear through out the power band...and yes I definately want one..

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Yes it handles better than my dragon, is actually more nimble..where my dragon will lay over easy (it still has the Walkers)it does get pretty soft..too soft sometime...and you get used to a balance point and can hold it. This one I layed it partway over on a turn and it would hold its place much better and easier. You can definately tell it is lighter and lower center of gravity. And the one I rode had the electric start so it was a bit more than 431 lbs. The power is definately there...and very linear through out the power band...and yes I definately want one..

I wonder if the rigidity of the chassis helps hold it over on its side where you want it better.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
155 to 163

I wonder how much more track is really on the ground?

8 inches longer, so would that be 4 inches more on the ground?

I think I'm gonna go with the 155 anyway. Can always extend it later, but only if BOOSTED!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Feb 16, 2010
Until you have ridden this machine, don't bad mouth it. Trust me, it is leaps and bounds ahead of everything else on the market. "Everything else is obsolete." This is from a gentleman who rode them in Seeley Lake.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I am sure that it will be in other sizes than 155.

I have ridden the 2010s in the SnoWest 800 Challenge...and thought the Cat was the leading in most categories that day...but this Pro spanks it hands down.

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
I waffled mine right where the black support bar for the running boards bolts into the tunnel and I am not the only one to do that. I have never wrecked it and I don't do big jumps. Don't know how it happened and i'm not the only one it's happened to. I just don't think they are going to hold up when you get down to 430lbs. Shedding all that weight means less strength for sure. I have 700 miles on an 08 Dragon and the black support bars are already sagging, I ride at 200lbs max full gear. I now have to find a fix or do I just buy the same weak crap for $1200 from Polaris. Atleast it's two piece so I don't have to tear it all apart to fix. I really enjoy the Dragon but the chassis is getting weaker every year.

Sounds weird to me, I have never heard of it, never seen it. I use a snowbunje on mine and fellow riders have too,, to the point we we have demolished the aluminum rear bumper! The tunnels never even blinked an eye. I am thinking you nudged something and don't know it or did something to cause this "waffling". I do not think the tunnels are weak on the raw chasis.

Premium Features