• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deleted thread

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Sp what happened to my other thread? Why is there no editing on our adds in swap ??? when we sell something we can not remove it why??? there fore you get calls and pm for stuff you do not even have whats up with this??? You know i have been trying to get an answer on this for some time with no responce. I just posted this same question and now can not find it sop im posting again. Or am i not looking in the right spot?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
if your using the old swapmeet section, you will need to contact any MOD after a week and ask them to make the edits or close the thread when it is sold.

If your using the new classifieds section, then you have unlimited editing ability.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok fine Where exactly is the new clasified section?And where is my previuos thread on this same subject from a few days ago? also i put up an add and was able to edit for a while but now i can not on the same add.Is the new section the one that has 3 threads in it? if so no one looks in there you might as well put your add in a closet. i just need some usefull tools to make your site work for me as it use to plus i need to know how to use them.When i turn snowest on and hit forums is that not the new site.??

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The classifieds section currently has 1,081 posted ads in it.

The link is in the main menu bar, in the center of it.

If you posted a thread on this subject a few days ago, it should still be here somewhere.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I just found your thread from the other day, you had it listed in the instructions category where it probably just didn't get noticed.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206478

As far as the limited editing abilities in the old swap, thats due to the settings forum-wide. If you need anything changed or deleted, you can either give Snow-Knight (the mod for the swapmeet) or any of the Supers a PM and we'll take care of anything you need. :beer;

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok sorry for the confusion i did not even know that area existed, I will try to list there as well. so what i'm now seeing is there are 3 places that are engine threads? is this correct? I know it's not going to happen but it would be nice to combine all three. Now is every one (paying and non paying ) going to be able to see and reaspond to adds in either of the 3 spots?

H
Dec 12, 2009
The reason you have to contact a mod is to prevent everyone who is pissed off about the subscription fee from deleting all of their posts ,leaving this forum an empty, useless shell.

BTW, you have legal right to remove any content you have created, if they refuse to delete ANYTHING you do have legal recourse.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
BTW, you have legal right to remove any content you have created, if they refuse to delete ANYTHING you do have legal recourse.

btw, I would not take any legal advice from some dude on the internets

and you are wrong too...

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I'd be surprised if you could have legal recourse for retracting what you post on a public forum.

Otherwise people would be suing Google left and right for caching Facebook pages (for example) that have since been set to private after employers started snooping on their employees and bill collectors started using social networking sites to track down people that owed them money.

What happens on the internet stays on the internet. ;)

H
Dec 12, 2009
Caching of pages is a necessary function of web transaction (on a large scale), not really held to the same standard. User created content is creator owned intellectual property, and if a user HAD the option of editing/deleting content when the content was created he has the right to do so.

Federal copyright law is pretty clear on the issue, the ONLY case where content is not owned by the user who created it is when the registration rules specifically outline content ownership (as of my registration that caveat was not included in the agreement).

I'm not saying you can or should file suit, you would have an awfully difficult time establishing loss. What I am saying is making the request to delete any of your content is well within your legal rights.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Ok sorry for the confusion i did not even know that area existed, I will try to list there as well. so what i'm now seeing is there are 3 places that are engine threads? is this correct? I know it's not going to happen but it would be nice to combine all three. Now is every one (paying and non paying ) going to be able to see and reaspond to adds in either of the 3 spots?

No, there is only 2 spots... the original swapmeet that has been around for ever, and the new classifieds that is located in the black heading bar at the top of the screen.

There has been lots of talk about what should be done in the end, but the truth is that both seem to be getting lots of traffic since they have different features and layouts. And yes, both the swapmeet and the classifieds are fully open to all members.

I don't believe there are any editing restrictions in the classifieds section as that is basically it's own stand-alone system.

:beer;

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok when i open snowest and go to forums and hit the forum jump you start scrolling down and come to the engines section keep scrolling and you come to another engines section then go up and hit the classified and theres that one and they all seem different. is that not3??

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Ok when i open snowest and go to forums and hit the forum jump you start scrolling down and come to the engines section keep scrolling and you come to another engines section then go up and hit the classified and theres that one and they all seem different. is that not3??

Ok I see what you mean.

The First one you see in the Forum Jump is in the Product Reviews section... just so you can tell us what you think about a particular engine, etc in that area.

The lower one is in the swapmeet as normal, and then the classifieds at the top control bar.

:beer;

Premium Features