• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 Lower A-arm info please.

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
Hi, I'm trying to find a lower a-arm for my 01 snopro 440. Please correct me if im wrong but any 00-05 zr and zrt chassis would work, correct? I found a OEM cat parts web site and all the lower a-arms 00-05 have different part numbers.

Also, Has anyone on here put a 136" with a 1.25 or 1.5 paddle on there 440. Im thinking that would be a fun little sled for some lower elevation boondocking ie Rapid City SD and some ditch bangin around home.

Thanks for the help guys.

WRECKMASTER

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
a arm

I believe you are correct. I think they are all 43" ski stance. I have an upper arm if you need a spare, Don't have any lowers though. Check eBay, there are almost always some listed there.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Almost forgot to mention, I also have a 740 big bore / stroked engine for an 01
sno pro if that would be of any interest to you. It is complete with all the electrical stuff and exhaust. It has very little run time on it.

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
Hey thanks. I have been checking ebay, but wanted to make sure it would work before I bought one. I picked this sled up for $500 with a seized crank, and I noticed that the left ski sat back a couple inches. Oh well with 1600 miles on the chassis I figured I couldn't go wrong.

IDcatman

I'm not very familiar with the 740? What flavor of BB is that? Whats the engine based off of?

Thanks

WRECKMASTER

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho

I am not very familiar with it either. It was with a project sled I bought from the family of a guy who got killed in a plane crash. It is built from an 01 Sno pro 440 crankcase. Has aftermarket D & D cylinders with an 85mm bore and Wiseco pistons. It also has a spacer about 1/2 inch thick under the cylinders and the stroke measures 66 or 67 mm, it was hard to get a good measurement. The stock stroke is 63mm. According to my math that makes it about 740cc. I called D & D to see what they could tell me about it and said they did make some cylinders but didn't know anything about the crankshaft. I do remember reading about stroker crankshaft kits for the 500 and 600 engines back around 1999 or 2000 but never heard much more about them. I have sent messages to a couple other performance shops asking about it but haven't gotten anything back yet. I plan to list it on eBay soon and will try to get more info on it before I do.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Wreckmaster, I have a 01 440 SnoPro. It has a 144 X 2 paddle track, drop and rolled chaincase, 10 tooth drivers, Boss Seat, C & A skis and a few other extras. It was a very fun sled with the 440, they have close to the same power as a 600. Very good boondocking sled and almost impossible to get stuck and esay to get unstuck even by just one! I went to a 680 twin this year. Good luck!

Sprocket

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
Well that's good to hear. I was fairly certain that it could be done. Do you have any gearing and clutching recommendations or anything that would get me semi close? Also what kind of D&R did you install?

Thanks for all the help

WRECKMASTER

Premium Features