• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant leak?

Jul 31, 2013
Velva ND
Just noticed coolant weeping from the head on my 98 700 RMK. At least that's what I think is going on. There were a couple small beads of coolant, the largest is in foreground of the pic. What's going on here? Head gasket?

The sled started and seemed to run OK yesterday, went for a little ride around the block, parked it, and now it refuses to start. I noticed this coolant when I was poking around under the hood. I suppose if the cylinders are full of coolant, it wouldn't start.

IMG_3990.jpg

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Drain the coolant and pull the head off. The coolant leak would be caused by a faulty o-ring. If the cylinders were full of coolant it probably wouldn't even turn over.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
that doesnt scream bloody murder to me. i would check the coolant, check the head bolt torque, and maybe pull the plugs and spin the motor and if no coolant spurts out you can figure out why its not starting from there. just me

Premium Features