• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Corporate finally SPEAKS OUT on their future....

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
and who would actually want a 2 stroke built by arctic cat?

thats gonna be a mess when they start building their own 2 strokes

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Had a really interesting comment over the weekend.

That Yamaha Snowmobile division and the Motorcycle division share NO TECHNOLOGY with one another at all.

They run parallel but non-integrated engine development teams.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Had a really interesting comment over the weekend.

That Yamaha Snowmobile division and the Motorcycle division share NO TECHNOLOGY with one another at all.

They run parallel but non-integrated engine development teams.

so where did the apex motor & xup tech come from + eps

R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
IMO, I believe Yamaha will be back in the Sled & UTV game within the next few years, they build quality stuff and then just sit back while it sells to the people that will live with the extra weight for having the reliability of there product. There Rhino basically has not changed much in the last 6 or 7 years, I own a 2009 that I bought in Aug of 2008 and it hasn't missed a beat since I bought it. But now they are losing more market share in North America every year, so I am expecting some very new technology coming down the line in both Sleds and UTV & Atv's in the next few years. They have too !!, I'm thinking, and hoping, there will be some cool stuff coming down the line.
They build the best Sled 4-strokes out there, so It's not a bad thing for them to use a Cat chassis for a couple years until they redesign theres. I think the Yami and Cat arrangement is a positive thing for both company's.
Just my 2-cents.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I don't know about you, but I sure as heck think my Nytro sounds MIGHTY SWEET!!
Yamaha accoustic team spent a year and a half developing the Lexus LF-A exhaust system perfect tone....that's how far Yamaha and other partners are working to make things right, all Yamaha departments(if needed) will step up to the plate for a better product....that's the power of a multi task company.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Our North American team will continue to design and deliver new products for all segments of the market as we look forward to our 50th Anniversary that will take place in 2018.”

Been going over these press releases again trying to extract some additional HINT of what Yamaha is really up to and I
Just noticed that little comment at their 50th anniversary.

yamaha_50th.png

The Japanese are WELL KNOWN for their long term view of things.
They plan well into the future.
They have a long term Strategy of winning in a marketplace....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
QUOTE #3

Vice President of Yamaha Motor Canada & North American Snowmobile Leader Peter Smallman-Tew:

Today’s a very major turning point for Yamaha snowmobiles. In five short years we will be celebrating our 50<sup>th</sup> anniversary in snowmobiling. During that time, we’ve been innovators, we’ve been leaders, and lately things have been challenging, and we know that. … The North American snowmobile team has a very serious message, and we have a very serious mission. That mission is to reassure Yamaha as a force to be reckoned with in the snowmobile industry and let me tell you we will fight with everything we have to take back our fair share of the market.

So how are we going to do that? We’re going to start with a long-term plan and a short-term plan. It all comes from what Mr. Kato said, Mr. Kato created the North American team and this team has a commitment, a commitment to engineering, a commitment to product development through our Minocqua plant, our mission in Minocqua is to develop a new snowmobile each year for the next five years.

Partnering with YMC Japan, development is already underway on state-of-the-art four-stroke high-technology snowmobile engines, which will take us into a completely new dimension of performance, and new sled platforms. And did I mention that was
engines, plural?

Reading over this again...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
QUOTE #5

Peter Smallman-Tew:

We’re fully aware and we deeply respect the challenges that our western, mountain and utility markets are facing, but let me tell you this: our North American team puts us in a much stronger position to develop products for all market segments going further, and like I said earlier, we will be developing snowmobiles and engines in the next five years, each year … We are committed to be a leader in innovation, performance, quality and customer appeal. What you’re about to see is only a small portion of Yamaha’s long-term vision.”

Will we see the first NEW ENGINE later this season??

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i know there engineers have been consulting with allot of the mtn aftermarket guys, looking for direction on there new mtn sled.so they are working on one a totally new chassi & sled.that being said they always release trail sleds first.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i know there engineers have been consulting with allot of the mtn aftermarket guys, looking for direction on there new mtn sled.so they are working on one a totally new chassi & sled.that being said they always release trail sleds first.
Agreed
Their biggest market is Trail Sleds.
But I think there might be some new test mules on the mountain this season:face-icon-small-hap

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Well, they have released new sleds for two seasons with the same Genesis engine, plain or tc'd. It's time for the GenesisII engine, or whatever they want to call it. Come on Blue, now is the time for at least one of the promised engines. :clock:

And please make it cross platform and work on the mountain segment.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Well they have 3 model years now to release 5 motors and 4 sleds as I see the viper as one whole chassis.

They better get to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features