• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Sponsored content"

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Hey moderators what's up with this crap? Did the site get hacked or are you guys honestly allowing this junk?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
paid forum members dont see it. only unpaid see it. they are ads. certainly better than the ones that used to pop up and cover the screen. at least this one you have the choice to click on it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm a paid member too and it depends on what view setting I'm on as to whether or not I see the sponsored content. Scroll to the bottom of your screen and check "default style" in the forum viewer box. That makes it go away for me. However, If I'm viewing on my phone the display is much better with the "new forum style" so I just ignore the sponsored content and deal with it.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I'm a paid member too and it depends on what view setting I'm on as to whether or not I see the sponsored content. Scroll to the bottom of your screen and check "default style" in the forum viewer box. That makes it go away for me. However, If I'm viewing on my phone the display is much better with the "new forum style" so I just ignore the sponsored content and deal with it.

Yup. That got rid of it. Interesting though because I've been using the new format since it became available and this stuff only popped up recently.

It's also gone on the "new style in progress" setting.
Maybe I hit the button somehow and didn't notice that I had changedthe setting.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Ok. No problem. Just struck me as strange that it suddenly began appearing. Changed my default setting and it's all good. Thanks for the info everyone.

Premium Features