• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch kit or Team Tied Conversion?

T

Torgenrud

Aug 3, 2013
Montana
Clutch kit or Team Tied Conversion?
I was wondering which if these two options is better worth the money, I have heard great things about the team tied setups but have no experience with it.
It will be going on a new T3 so I dont know if that makes a difference

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
A clutch kit from say... Roosterbuilt... would address issues with both the primary and secondary.

What's your goal of a clutch kit? Have you ridden your new sled yet and pinpointed what the issues are? Took me a couple months riding at different snow conditions, elevations, riding styles to figure out what what we needed to improve on.

Last edited:
T

Torgenrud

Aug 3, 2013
Montana
I have ridden a few miles on it and it is pretty well set up. I was just looking for a little extra without doing serious mods to it that will void the warranty. I have heard the team tied setups roll so smooth you actually get more track speed.This sled replaced a turbo xp so I just want it to be as good as possible while still having a warranty.

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
I installed a team tied on my 09 XP, couldn't have been happier. Didn't have a problems with the stock setup, just wanted it to run cooler like my polaris. It ran flawless and easy to adjust using recommended chart guidelines. Well worth the money.

A
I opted not to go tied just for the weight saving, it is rotational mass so.... I have DJ's helix and stock ramps and changed both springs. can't remember off the top of my head what spring rates or grams but its pretty much what he suggested and I played with the weight till it was dialed. Couldn't be happier, 1200 miles last year no blown belts and pulls 8050 all day!

Premium Features