• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST PODCAST: ALLEN MANGUM AND THE EVOLUTION OF THE MOUNTAINHORSE

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Great interview...Give it a listen!

Podcast: (Sept 11th 2014)
https://soundcloud.com/snowest-podc...imbersleds-allen-mangum-talks-mountain-horses
Timbersled's Allen Mangum goes over the rise of the Mountain Horse and where it goes from here.
picture.php

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Allen was being Polite... the sledder he was "kicking butt" on the first day was me on my new-to-me Dragon that I just I picked up... it was missing the the top idler wheels (thanks John!) ...Great day on the snow and good to see it happen from the start.

I remember introducing Christopher to the people at KLIM the first year of the Mountainhorse and the skeptical looks he gave the bike.

Funny, the first season (before official production started), Allen had trouble talking media people into riding it...even when delivered to the parking lot.... times have changed!!

Now, he sells out every year.

Last edited:
N

Nychaze

Sep 15, 2012
Westminster, CO
I tested one last year, capability is insane and you still have energy left at the end of day... riding the trail takes some getting used to but I have no doubt it will improve every year.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Cool to hear production is looking like its going to increase even more too! Anyone else catch the part on piston hours, holy crap would have never guessed that. 300hrs is impressive... Sounds like there's also some more impressive things coming in the future :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features