• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowbikes 2nd Ski

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
Me and my son have been watching all the clips of guys ridding the Snowbike. One thing that seem prevelant is when everyone makes a turn they put there foot out with a pre-woble. Is this just from inexperience or is just the only way to stay up right in a corner. I find it technicaly irritating to watch. are there any vids of guys ripping a turn with feet on pegs?

or am I to critical?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i think that comes from motocross...always putting a foot down. thats one thing im learning to do is keep both feet on the pegs and squeeze with legs. ill throw down a foot if im about to go down though....

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Absolutely a habit issue. I generally ride with my feet on the pegs. if your dragging a foot your not shifting or braking..
cornering is where theres a huge difference in the available kits. One slides like a bike in the mud and the other carves like a jetski.. I think somewhere in the middle would be nice.

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
Thats cool. I really would like to try one, hopfulley somone will bring one to Hawkfest

I wonder, there must be some kind of technique that can be tried to prelaod the front when trying make a really tight turn since there is no front brake. so as to bounce whe weight from the front to the tracktion before you lose cornering momentum.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2007
pa
well poacher., you are 100% right,,, i am not a good bike rider,,, but i try and i have fun with gear i am 300 lbs and i have that bad habit, because i have seen some riders that keep feet planted on pegs and i am so jealous! i throw my foot out there cause i see so many bikers do it, and now its my habit, but it does seem to throw your bike into the turn better, more videos are needed. there will be explorer kits at hawkfest! so please bring some duct tape to tape my feet to the pegs!!!

mike

Premium Features