• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lower shock bolt upgrade

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Mar 29, 2010
I actually caught this one while installing my new '15 st. Thought I was being anal replacing the strut bolt. Didn't know about the spindle bolt though. Thanks for the heads up!

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Hopefully the new ski bolt is also full shank engagement.

And hopefully it's not only on the TSS but for the solid rod setup as well (the info I posted above makes it sound like it's only with the TSS).

In any case, I long ago got my bolts from you (and a couple extra for my next kit should they not have them) so I'm good to go. Thanks for making it simple, Jon, for everyone to do the upgrade by doing the leg work and making it quick and easy to get the right bolts.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Timbersled has yet to address the ski bolt issue, so if anyone needs to make their ski bolt full shank engagement, I can help. Just send me a private message with how many you'd like and what zip/postal code shipping will be to and I'll price it out to you. Most of the cost is shipping so bulking your needs with your buddies makes it cheaper per bolt kit.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
I've got all requests dealt with now, and if you've sent payment but haven't gotten an order number back from me, then send me a PM.

Thanks guys, this bolt thing is not a full time job it's an after work thing that someone had to do!

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Well, I was out riding with someone this weekend who didn't have an upgraded ski bolt, and guess what? They should of upgraded before needing to. It ruins your saddle if you let it go too long.

Jon

Premium Features