• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 YZ450, '13 ST kit

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Anything special to know about a 2011 YZ450F with a '13 ST kit on it?
See one for sale, seems reasonable and all most new bike and MH kit.
I'm looking for a fuel injected bike and a 13 or newer MH kit so this seems to fit the bill.
Haven't had a bike except an older Ktm 2 stroke so not real well read on the newer bikes.
What do you snowbike experts think of this combo?

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
No comments?
I think a close ratio trans track bike is better than a wide ratio, correct?
how much of a ordeal is it to drop in a bigger stator to run some hand warmers and maybe a light?
Big issue with tipping them or flipping them and losing oil? Never had a 4 stroke bike. Would assume with fuel inj starting after laying it on its side would be a non issue?

A

allpowersports

You can run both a small LED bar and heater grips on it with the original stator.
I'm running it on my 2012, but you will need a switch so you can turn all auxiliary electronic off when starting the bike.
I two weeks time can I tell you how it works with a 2015 kit :-D

I have a 13 YZ450 with a 15 ST kit this is my first snowbike and ive got 5 hrs on it in the last two days, I put the moose atv grip heaters on it and small LED lights just to make legal, i took the power from the plug in for the tuner port, top of left radiator. Every thing works great. 1 more thing light oil is very helpful with cold starts, i'm running Honda syn 0w-30. 17 deg this morning fired up 3rd kick.

Premium Features