• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xtra 10 suspension drop

T
Nov 23, 2013
In the process of putting a 151 on my 98 rmk 600. Last weekend I got stuck a lot with the 136 but noticed everytime that I was down to a small layer of crust just under the running boards.

Would it be stupid to drop the rear suspension a bit to get some more clearance? I understand it needs the correct geometry to actually be effective, was just wondering If anybody on here has done it and can point me in the right direction as to how far to move it? Or just keep it where it is?

T
Nov 23, 2013
Also, does anybody have a part number for stiffer than stock torsion springs? The rear sags quite a bit even in the stiffest position.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Suspension Drop / Springs

Babbits online - Springs are usually weighted by the thickness of the square tang. Newer spring off a Gen II should work. I have had some luck removing the old springs heating them and pulling them back in place need a vice and torch. Build some simple brackets to lower the rear mounting points of the skid. Just bolt them to the tunnel. You can go 5 -6 inches easy.

Premium Features