• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CAMSO FOOT BRAKE?

F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
As most of us know, the brake is nearly useless on the Camso. I have a hard time using the throttler and the brake the same time, to help build some heat to keep the ice down. Has anybody tried to use the stock foot master cylinder? i cant seem to build any pressure, maybe the bore is too small??

A
Nov 14, 2017
I had a camso 2 seasons ago and had it hooked up to the stock rear master cylinder no problem. Sounds like you have a bleeding issue. You will need to "reverse bleed" by using a pump or a syringe to force the fluid up from the caliper to the master.

M
Jan 14, 2004
If your kit is a 2018 or older while you are in there I would think about adding the 2019 brake shield. It makes a big difference to the braking performance of the kit. You may need to clearance the side panel slightly for it to fit. 2019 also has a different rotor but the caliper is the same. I'm not sure if the diameter of the rotors are the same if they are just the shield, spacers and caliper bolts should do the trick. If your kit is a 2017 check the pins holding the brake pads they were prone to breaking.

If your kit is a 2019 and you have no brakes you have air in your system. Try the clamp the brake lever overnight with a bungee trick and see if the bubbles work their way out otherwise you will need to bleed the system as mentioned already.

M5

Premium Features