• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Government shutdown

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
For the record, I'm for a secure wall, fence or whatever gets the job done.
However, first and foremost, let's cut all benefits to illegals with the exception of public schooling for the children.

If we can eliminate the costs associated with illegals, most people will all of a sudden not give a crap.

Second, when an illegal is caught committing a violent or drug related crime, they should not have the same legal right that real people do.

If they don't behave like they want to be here, make them regret ever stepping foot on US soil.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Are you stating that the people "sneaking" in is not a problem?
It is my opinion that it's not as big a problem as Trump makes it out to be, and there are other, bigger problems more worth the time and money we are wasting on this.

Illegal border crossings have been dropping since the mid 2000s.

They've dropped 80% since the peak in 2000.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
However, first and foremost, let's cut all benefits to illegals with the exception of public schooling for the children.

Done, they are already ineligible for the vast majority of benefits. Enforcement might gain some there, but the fraud level is low.

real people

You see why people might think you have other than just fiscal motivations?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You see why people might think you have other than just fiscal motivations?

I'm not trying to get votes.
I'm not looking to make anyone get warm fuzzies from anything I post.
I don't type something and then retype it because some one might get a hurt little feeling because of verbiage.

Many immigrants came here legally and jumped through the hoops to legally join our team.
So yes, I have a hard on against those circumventing the system, and especially for those who think it's OK.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I am quite confident that the main reasons why the democrats are against securing the border....
The vast majority of illegals voting illegally vote Democrat
And
The wall is desired by so many and if it happens it will be virtually impossible to defeat our great President Trump in 2020

It's a pretty tough argument to claim that we are better off without a secure border.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Walls work period. It is a barrier. Cows in a pasture have a fence or barrier to keep them in. If you leave the gate open they will get out. Will it 100% keep them in all the time. No but 99% of the time it will. Why would you want to hire 20 people to keep them in the pasture. Way easier to build a barrier so you decide when they use the other pasture and how many will use it. Spend the money up front and save money in the end. Kind of a common sense approach. I talked to people who live there, this summer, and they said you have no idea how bad it is. They said we need a wall to slow flow of drugs alone. The wall is a tool. Usually takes a few tools to do a complex job. If you don't utilize all the tools things seem to get half assed and you are redoing the job down the road. You cannot do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.
The other tools are over stayed visas, change asylum laws, change this anchor baby status, Visa lottery needs to go, legal status based on merit not on adding to your base. Make them learn our language. Make citizenship mean something.
We are a nation of immigrants is the same old liberal talking point for people who don't want to do anything or people that don't know anything or a combination of both.
As far as better things to spend money on? What is more important than the security and well being of a nation?
Someone also needs to explain how a wall is immoral. If you can explain this you must also be one of the witches that is offended by trump calling the Russian gig a witch hunt. I already know there are s handful of witches on this site.

The whole problem is not wanting trump to have a win period.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Asks for reasons.

Gets reasons.

Decides those reasons aren't the real reasons.

Thanks for reminding me why I gave up talking to you.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
How about a different question...
Why were the Democrat hierarchy (obama, Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi etc) in favor of wall/fencing 10 years ago?
What changed their priorities?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Another...
What's your take on sanctuary cities?

Our great President Trump should pull any federal funding from states that don't correct this issue.
It likely wouldn't happen, but it would energize the base enough to force the issue.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Regardless of your feelings on immigration, the wall, etc. - Shutting down the government to get your way is irresponsible & immature. I've got a friend whose paranoid schizophrenic brother is locked away in prison pretty well for life (he belongs in a mental institiution, not a correctional institution). His grandmother drove 8 hours to visit him to find out she couldn't see him because of the government shut down. Nice. Thank you, President Dip*&^%.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Regardless of your feelings on immigration, the wall, etc. - Shutting down the government to get your way is irresponsible & immature. I've got a friend whose paranoid schizophrenic brother is locked away in prison pretty well for life (he belongs in a mental institiution, not a correctional institution). His grandmother drove 8 hours to visit him to find out she couldn't see him because of the government shut down. Nice. Thank you, President Dip*&^%.

Anything Trump does the dems give him a hard no. No thought no reason just attempts to make him fail.
Trump uses the only card he has, shuts down the gov to get Americans to wake up bringing attention to the dems bs.
But yet your bleeding heart is more concerned over an old lady that didn't have the brains to call ahead to confirm her visit before driving 8 hours? Trumps fault? That's backwards bud.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Anything Trump does the dems give him a hard no. No thought no reason just attempts to make him fail.
Trump uses the only card he has, shuts down the gov to get Americans to wake up bringing attention to the dems bs.
But yet your bleeding heart is more concerned over an old lady that didn't have the brains to call ahead to confirm her visit before driving 8 hours? Trumps fault? That's backwards bud.
She did call. They said it would be fine.

And, it ain't just the democrats. Republicans in the senate came up with something that Trump had indicated he WOULD sign, and then he decided to throw his temper tantrum over it. If my kids act like that, they go to their room until they can play nice.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
How about a different question...

Why were the Democrat hierarchy (obama, Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi etc) in favor of wall/fencing 10 years ago?

What changed their priorities?

22 million illegals in the US.
Democrats plan to grant citizenship to all.
Majority if immigrant voters vote democrat.
Biggest landslide in presidential history was 17 million votes.
This means permanent electoral majority.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
22 million illegals in the US.
Democrats plan to grant citizenship to all.
Majority if immigrant voters vote democrat.
Biggest landslide in presidential history was 17 million votes.
This means permanent electoral majority.

Welcome to the end people.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
This is why Trump is so popular.
He is protecting Americans.
No different than Britain pulling out of the EU. Britain said enough and is finally doing right by their own people.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Walls work period. It is a barrier. Cows in a pasture have a fence or barrier to keep them in. If you leave the gate open they will get out. Will it 100% keep them in all the time. No but 99% of the time it will. Why would you want to hire 20 people to keep them in the pasture. Way easier to build a barrier so you decide when they use the other pasture and how many will use it. Spend the money up front and save money in the end. Kind of a common sense approach. I talked to people who live there, this summer, and they said you have no idea how bad it is. They said we need a wall to slow flow of drugs alone. The wall is a tool. Usually takes a few tools to do a complex job. If you don't utilize all the tools things seem to get half assed and you are redoing the job down the road. You cannot do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.
The other tools are over stayed visas, change asylum laws, change this anchor baby status, Visa lottery needs to go, legal status based on merit not on adding to your base. Make them learn our language. Make citizenship mean something.
We are a nation of immigrants is the same old liberal talking point for people who don't want to do anything or people that don't know anything or a combination of both.
As far as better things to spend money on? What is more important than the security and well being of a nation?
Someone also needs to explain how a wall is immoral. If you can explain this you must also be one of the witches that is offended by trump calling the Russian gig a witch hunt. I already know there are s handful of witches on this site.

The whole problem is not wanting trump to have a win period.

Cows cant climb ladders

Premium Features