• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris are you kidding me!!!!!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The big bore talk is better than the guys who seem to think we are gonna see a factory 2 stroke turbo here in the next couple years. Just not realistic.

After riding an 850 I am sold on the fact that a larger NA motor is the answer... if they can be made reliable of course, which maybe is alot to ask for from Poo, but things have come a long way since 05 and 06.

Hence the reason i eluded to "old big bores and triples". There are a select few people here that believe they should bring back the old engines such as the cat 1000, cat 900, etc. Its not going to happen so get the **** over it. Also if you want to ride a pig of a 2 stroke triple you might as well just be on a 4 stroke. These new machines are designed to be sleek, slender, technical riding animals. They are NOT designed to be heavy, trail friendly, highmarking tanks that some guys seem to want (i bet the cat dealer here still has a king cat in the crate for you idiots).

How often have we REALLY needed more power than our stock axys has? Is the larger motor really necessary? In all reality the axys with a bikeman pipe on it makes more hp than the 850 does and is a lot lighter.

factory 2 stroke turDbos....ha Still yet to see an aftermarket turbo run the way everyone else claims they do for more than a day at a time.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Opposite actually, my 16 with 1000 miles on it beats both my buddies 17s, one has same setup, slp pipe carl clutching beat him by 4 sled lengths and and the other has bikeman pipe, clutching and tuner, and got him by 2 sled lengths. Drag race across lake with couple ft of fresh powder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is yours the only 16 your comparing these 2 17's against? We have 6-7 16's and a 3 17's in various stages but stock for stock, and SLP set-up to SLP set-up the 17's feel stronger. Depends on what clutching has been done also. My 16 is stock and clutched to the elevation in the manual and pulls just as hard as 2 of my buddies with SLP pipes and their own clutching. I don't think their clutching is as good as the stock set-up. YOu can slow a sled down with the wrong add ons as well.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
The Axys did side hill better than an XM, but to say the Axys "smoked" a XM is ludicrous. I feel those sleds were very close to one another.

The days of the good Snowchecks are over. What real incentive is there to Snowcheck anymore? You can still pick a sled up in the fall, no Limited Edition sleds that when you saw one you new that was only available in the spring.

If you don't want financing, you can save 4-5 G's over an overpriced Snowcheck. Any the warranty these companies offer has so much fine print on it that nothing gets covered. You better run it bone stock.

The axys dominates the xm lol... I can't even stand to look at an xm hated it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Can I get an AMEN! I bet 1/2 - 3/4 of the snowmobiler population doesn't even know what an Cheetah, TXL, Olympic, JDX8 or Bull Whip even is and never had the true expeirence to ride one of these that I listed and that makes you actually appreciate how sleds have evolved!

Fixed it for you!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The big bore talk is better than the guys who seem to think we are gonna see a factory 2 stroke turbo here in the next couple years. Just not realistic.

After riding an 850 I am sold on the fact that a larger NA motor is the answer... if they can be made reliable of course, which maybe is alot to ask for from Poo, but things have come a long way since 05 and 06.

I think a lot of the power feel of the 850 is they way the clutching comes on and the stupid wheelie trenching weight transfer ski-doos skid has. Funny at old forge am shoot out the Axys won over the 850 and everyone else. Just a thought.

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
It will be fantastic, believe me!

facebook_.jpg

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
With everything else being equal, which would you rather have and why?:

- An 850cc naturally aspirated Axys Pro RMK, 170hp, dry weight of 450lbs
- A 500cc supercharged Axys Pro RMK, 170hp (at all elevations), dry weight of 325lbs

Power to weight ratio...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

- A 500cc supercharged Axys Pro RMK, 170hp (at all elevations), dry weight of 325lbs

Power to weight ratio...

I don't think any 500 cc motor pushing 170 hp would last very long. At least with the 850 it could pull all day long.

And why 450 lbs for the 850? My AXYS doesn't even weigh that much dry. It could easily be as ow as 400 lbs.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I think a lot of the power feel of the 850 is they way the clutching comes on and the stupid wheelie trenching weight transfer ski-doos skid has. Funny at old forge am shoot out the Axys won over the 850 and everyone else. Just a thought.

Do you have any numbers or the article would luv to show it to some of my Doo friend's

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho

Power to weight ratio...
Adding 50ccs isnt going to add 50 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Can I get an AMEN! I bet 1/2 - 3/4 of the snowmobiler population doesn't even know what an Cheetah, TXL, Olympic, JDX8 or Bull Whip even is and never had the true expeirence to ride one of these that I listed and that makes you actually appreciate how sleds have evolved!

Fixed it for you!

I was trying to give half these BILLY BADA$$E$ some advantage by trying to stay in the 90's, but you went old school! Don't be ruling out the Invader, Scorpion, and the Fury. The cheetah brings back memories, I stuffed a 440 Cheetah motor in my old 1990 Jag 440 AFS after blowing a hole in bottom case! Yep it was the AFS model!!!!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I was trying to give half these BILLY BADA$$E$ some advantage by trying to stay in the 90's, but you went old school! Don't be ruling out the Invader, Scorpion, and the Fury. The cheetah brings back memories, I stuffed a 440 Cheetah motor in my old 1990 Jag 440 AFS after blowing a hole in bottom case! Yep it was the AFS model!!!!

I've rode a scorpion and the fury was my first full sized sled.

Premium Features