• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When is the 18 release?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
i agree. it sounds like my axys with a diamond s titanium quiet can. maybe they got rid of the 20 lb boat anchor of a muffler.

Cut ten pounds off of it and come in at sub 400? I could see that. It isn't a triple lol. Does look like tubular a arms though. Maybe they strengthened that as a mid model update so when you buy one you don't have to spend another $500 on a arms

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
What im thinking is their giving me, a sled buyer, less time to look at, sit on, test ride and ponder their product. As a guy who just sold his yamaha nytros im looking now at summit or Pro. Ive now had almost a month to go over the new summit with absolutely nothing to compare it too.

Like my local polaris dealer said "it really sucks for a guy in your shoes. You either blindly make a deposit on a polaris so you get your sled in oct/dec (first deposit in = first sled delivered) or you risk waiting and not getting your sled until dec like last year".

My point is from a marketing stand point polaris has failed. The sled maybe great but you cant let your biggest competition beat you to market 3.5 weeks early. Someone fell a sleep.

First deposit in first sled delivered? Must be a local dealer thing cause that's not the case here. I put my deposit down day before last of snowcheck and got my sled before everyone else at that dealer. They actually said it was the first snowcheck to arrive in the state.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, delivery is by build schedule and region, and if your snocheck happens to be a model/configuration in the earlier build, you'll get it earlier. If not, you're later. They have learned to ship earlier to the mountain states, AK, and provinces, now, too. Build schedule is driven by calibration readiness, vendor part availability, etc. That's the way it really happens.
Would anyone here actually pay more for a guaranteed delivery date?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
FWIW, delivery is by build schedule and region, and if your snocheck happens to be a model/configuration in the earlier build, you'll get it earlier. If not, you're later. They have learned to ship earlier to the mountain states, AK, and provinces, now, too. Build schedule is driven by calibration readiness, vendor part availability, etc. That's the way it really happens.
Would anyone here actually pay more for a guaranteed delivery date?

That makes sense and it's what I've been told in the past by dealers.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It just sounds like an Axys 800 with a can. That video is foreign (to US), maybe Sweden or some other Nordic country? Maybe they don't have the same EPA restrictions we have.

Anytime Polaris has something great coming out they tease it up a lot. The 2011 Pro had the melting snow coming off each day. The 2013 Pro with carbon fiber and belt drive had little sectional pieces come out early. The Axys showed off a new body and talks of a 800 HO were huge. Hate to say it (because I'm ready for a new sled), but I think it is BNG and more track options.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Prediction: You'll like this but 2019 will be an even bigger release.

Premium Features