• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Come on Polaris, leak some 2017 photos

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Regarding the free jacket/gear conversation...

I know people that buy a new sled every year so they wouldn't want a new beacon or even a new jacket every year but I still think it's a good idea to add in a gear package. Polaris already does something at snow check like "4 year warranty OR 2 year warranty +GPS gauge OR 2 year warranty + $500 in Poo gear". The problem is very few people want to sacrifice the warranty. Even if you never use it you need it to sell the sled.

I would like to see a 4 year warranty PLUS one of the following...
-$300 in Klim gear (it won't cost Polaris $300)
-Tracker3 beacon from BCS (because they support snowmobiling)
-$500 voucher for Burandt's Back Country
-$500 off of the price of the sled

That last one is the big one. What if Polaris lowered the price of the Axys by a few hundred over the 16's? Sure I'd be pissed because I bought a 16, but that would help push some non-branded riders to go to Polaris instead of Doo. The Doo could end up being a good $1k more in that case.

Polaris, are you listening?

I vote $500 for Dan Adams Next Level Clinic.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Fredw & rullonjj are you guys lost ? This is a Axys thread. Not a fat sled JO thread. Go back to your Ski Don't thread and do some more comparisons with Norona.. But don't come back here crying when you figure out he stretches the truth. BYE

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Great comparisons..

Now lets do some numbers

Poo 163x 3 inch x15" wide is 2445 sq inches
Doo 165x3 inch x16" wide is 2655sp inches

Hp at dynotech (speculation on new doo since etec did 163)

Poo 155hp
Doo 175hp

Weight is the same for both 518lbs ready to ride..

Don't take a rocket scientist to see the winner here..

I would check you HP numbers again there.....:face-icon-small-dis

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
So you ride your sled without any fluids? Makes sense.
LOL... i dont think that even needs to be answered.

What makes sense is that this is a marketing gimmick to put smaller fuel tank, smaller oil tank, and less coolant capacity on a sled, then concentrate on RTR weight in an effort to try and compete with the light and nimble sled.

Since there is little chance for this to get traction, the next step is to try and add in rider weight to the equation.

Heck . . . even yammi will be a competitor if they put a 120# rider on it and a 350# rider on an AXYS. Sounds like the next marketing gimmcik to me. :)

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Fredw & rullonjj go back to your Ski Don't thread and do some more comparisons with Norona.. But don't come back here crying when you figure out he stretches the truth. BYE

Whats the matter? A little bit of real world numbers bothering you a bit? Lol. I don't listen to factory paid riders to well. Burandt, norona, Kincaid, Jenkins, mentaberry. They all get paid so what they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

I ride both brands as you can see. I rode a aerocharged axys the other day and skidoo has a big job to do better than that sled. All I was saying is everyone gets all hooked on dry weight but no one rides it that way so why not say it how it is. Doo is getting right close to poo with their weights on the snow. And if they are at 165 hp with rtr weights that close, with their narrower chassis then we may have a sled here that will do better than the axys. Deny it all you want. It's real world that matters. Not what it says on paper.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Whats the matter? A little bit of real world numbers bothering you a bit? Lol. I don't listen to factory paid riders to well. Burandt, norona, Kincaid, Jenkins, mentaberry. They all get paid so what they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

I ride both brands as you can see. I rode a aerocharged axys the other day and skidoo has a big job to do better than that sled. All I was saying is everyone gets all hooked on dry weight but no one rides it that way so why not say it how it is. Doo is getting right close to poo with their weights on the snow. And if they are at 165 hp with rtr weights that close, with their narrower chassis then we may have a sled here that will do better than the axys. Deny it all you want. It's real world that matters. Not what it says on paper.

Are you hard of reading?? This is a Axys thread about sneak peeks. The new Doo might be the greatest sled built to date, but this is not the thread to talk about it. Thats what is the matter. Don't care about your new Doos advertised RTR weight. If I did I would go to the Doo site to read about it.
Back on topic please...

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Are you hard of reading?? This is a Axys thread about sneak peeks. The new Doo might be the greatest sled built to date, but this is not the thread to talk about it. Thats what is the matter. Don't care about your new Doos advertised RTR weight. If I did I would go to the Doo site to read about it.
Back on topic please...

Go ride a RT1000 for 4 or 5 hours in the mountains and tell me weight doesn't matter

Oh. I almost forgot we were in the 2017 poo thread. Lmao. If you don't want Doo brought into the thread then don't bring it. :face-icon-small-dis

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Are we arguing the difference of a few pounds on a 430+/- pound machine?

W
T
F

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
The width of the side panels is more important than a few lbs here and there, the wider the panels, the more snow you have to compress to roll it over. If a 14 cat and a 14 pro both need to be rolled over, even if they have the same wet weight or RTR weight or whatever you fancy, the pro is much easier to roll because of the narrower side panels. As far as riding them all, the pro or axys takes less effort, I haven't ridden a 16 doo or cat, but 15 and earlier take more energy to ride and to get unstuck. No question.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Oh. I almost forgot we were in the 2017 poo thread. Lmao. If you don't want Doo brought into the thread then don't bring it. :face-icon-small-dis
You are correct. Changed my thread to a 05 900 RMK Polaris.
Your dismissed

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
All Polaris has to do is put on a lighter can to get under 400 dry

It's just a matter of time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
You are correct. Changed my thread to a 05 900 RMK Polaris.
Your dismissed

Not your thread so get over yourself.

I honestly think it's awesome that each manufacturer is pushing the limits. Each in their own way. Poos pushing the weight, Doo is after 4 stroke reliability from a two stroke, cat has an awesome engine with good refinements for their chassis each year and 2016 was a huge upgrade for them. I think we are pushing the limits on what can be lost in the weight department and keeping any resemblance of durability before going to exotic materials.

With that being said I am seriously looking at buying an axys. I was going to snowcheck a G4 but I rode an axys and I'm excited to see if poo improves it even more. If they do I will probably get one until this new Doo proves its self then I'll sell my Xm and get one. Should be an interesting year for sure. I'm not biased for or against one brand. I rode a 2016 cat for 3 days and I feel it's up there with the axys in some ways but the ergonomics just aren't for me.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Not your thread so get over yourself.

I honestly think it's awesome that each manufacturer is pushing the limits. Each in their own way. Poos pushing the weight, Doo is after 4 stroke reliability from a two stroke, cat has an awesome engine with good refinements for their chassis each year and 2016 was a huge upgrade for them. I think we are pushing the limits on what can be lost in the weight department and keeping any resemblance of durability before going to exotic materials.

With that being said I am seriously looking at buying an axys. I was going to snowcheck a G4 but I rode an axys and I'm excited to see if poo improves it even more. If they do I will probably get one until this new Doo proves its self then I'll sell my Xm and get one. Should be an interesting year for sure. I'm not biased for or against one brand. I rode a 2016 cat for 3 days and I feel it's up there with the axys in some ways but the ergonomics just aren't for me.
Ok enough about you. Anybody have any 2017 spy pics?

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
So you ride with only half a tank of fuel, low on coolant, low on oil? Last I checked most people like to leave the truck with every fluid topped off.

This makes me laugh. The only time I fill my sled up with fuel is when we go to one area that is literally a 25 mile trail ride to get in. For a typical 40 mile day, half to 2/3 full. There is no need to put in more fuel and lug around an extra 35 lbs. As for oil, yes, I keep it low enough so the low oil light is flickering or on steady. I also intend to experiment with underfilling the coolant. If the temps stay down, that's all you need. Why lug around more liquids than are necessary?

Other Axys riders I know do the same.

Therefore, ready-to-ride weights that include having the sled full of fuel and oil are meaningless. They penalize the sled that has more fluid capacity, period. And I know XM riders that are barely making it back after pouring their jerry cans in when the Polaris makes it back on what's in the tank (on the aforementioned area with the 25 mi. trail). So that extra capacity in the Axys is very useful, and it should not be used against them.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Lol.. I doo the same as you on my doo.. Take another 50 off

This makes me laugh. The only time I fill my sled up with fuel is when we go to one area that is literally a 25 mile trail ride to get in. For a typical 40 mile day, half to 2/3 full. There is no need to put in more fuel and lug around an extra 35 lbs. As for oil, yes, I keep it low enough so the low oil light is flickering or on steady. I also intend to experiment with underfilling the coolant. If the temps stay down, that's all you need. Why lug around more liquids than are necessary?

Other Axys riders I know do the same.

Therefore, ready-to-ride weights that include having the sled full of fuel and oil are meaningless. They penalize the sled that has more fluid capacity, period. And I know XM riders that are barely making it back after pouring their jerry cans in when the Polaris makes it back on what's in the tank (on the aforementioned area with the 25 mi. trail). So that extra capacity in the Axys is very useful, and it should not be used against them.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Fredw & rullonjj are you guys lost ? This is a Axys thread. Not a fat sled JO thread. Go back to your Ski Don't thread and do some more comparisons with Norona.. But don't come back here crying when you figure out he stretches the truth. BYE

Don't be kicking out the Doo guys. I hate that when I am reading about new sled tech in another forum and everyone over there tells people who don't ride that brand to leave. We are all snowmobilers.

cmxuser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
In regards to the comments made by a couple of the doo guys. Did your purchase of a doo also come with a lifetime supply and a free pass for all the wacky tabacky that you could consume? Oh no wait, I got it your using that new math stuff ain't ya. I got ya!:face-icon-small-win

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Riding your snowmobile with anything less than a completely full tank at the beginning of the ride is not smart. Ever have one of those days when you didn't think it snowed that much only to get up there and discover the snow is DEEEP? Yeah how's that half tank working for you now? Guess what you ain't getting any of my fuel so have fun sitting around watching me brap around in the deep snow all day because you tried to "keep your sled light".

Premium Features