• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diamond drive outer cover wont go back on

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
My 08 m 1000 outer case half will not go back on. the bearing looks like it reaches bottom of cover but still cant get screws started into inner case half. The bolt that goes thru the drive shaft is tight so I believe the gear set is in the right place. Any help would be great.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Did you replace any parts? I know on my 2010 M8 the cover has sharp cast edges where the bearing/s fit into and I smoothed those edges with some fine sandpaper which made assembly easier.

Those screws are tempemental even when everything is good. Some guys are using a regular machine screw instead of the oem screws which are tapered at the end.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Just replace driver side seal. He took the whole dd out of sled and got it together on the bench, and now it's in the sled but now he says there isn't enogh shaft to put brake side back together, so I'm going to go have a look at it. I just had surgery so I have not been able to help out.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I have an 09 without reverse, I went through the proper procedure to reassemble by doing research on snowest, and on the engine reverse DD you tighten the brake side then the gear side (using long extension)for proper alignment with track. Do not know if this applies to a reverse dd.

Premium Features