• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 rear suspension not holding any weight

J
Nov 8, 2010
I have an 07 M8 1500miles on it. Has about 1000mi of two people riding on it. (Think one 300lb rider. I do a lot of ski shuttling) After riding it through bumps/ whoops the rear suspension completely dies. With no weight on the sled it stays completely compressed. When I pick the back end up and let go it sinks all the way back down. But after it sits awhile it will regain working order. Right now as it sits in my garage it is back to normal ride height. Maybe with an inch or so of sag.

Any idea how i can fix this? It hasn't all ways done this.

J
Nov 8, 2010
It is a Fox Coil shock, How do I know what spring to buy? Are you referring to the Spring on the fox shock or the wire round one 1704-260 /
1704-261?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
fox shock water logged

as mentioned the most common issue with that vintage fox shock is after several thousand miles or less, water is shoved past the shaft seal ( the more often the shock is fully compressed or suspension full bottomed) and the water in the shock freezes outside in the cold and the suspension will stick or stock down. Then back in a warm garage the same suspension will feel ok.

Front shock rear suspension is the first to go...........needs rebuilt, at least oil and gas replaced. Rear of rear likely needs gas and oil also.
Many of the hair pin cat springs will fit the m8, we used king cat springs in 07 when nothing else was available. Try just one King cat spring, that might be stiff enough, usually was. You a heavyweight, try both sides. You will have to move the rail spring mount to make the shorter stiffer king cat springs work. Good luck.

Premium Features