• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 clutching has me stumped

B
Jan 7, 2014
Ok I know a little about clutching but my friend has a stock setup on his 07 153. Mine is a 162 he has stock yellow/white primary with 68's and an orange primary with a straight 36. I bought my sled used not knowing anything about snowmobiles. This year I'm looking to dial it in better. But mine is set up differently. Why would the guy before me run an orange/white primary with 63's and a 50/36 helix with a green secondary. He took the pipe off. Left a fuel controller and y pipe. It was running too rich so I took that off. Seems to rip pretty good but on deep days with heavy snow seems to lose some Rpms in the deep snow and bog down. Not too thrilled with it. In light fluffy powder I have no problems at all. Just when the track seems to get traction in the deep or I dunno. Maybe just some opinions on why this set up would be ran and why I'm running diff weights on the primary. I know I should be heavier than 63's. We ride 8500-11ft. elevation. Help. I'm thinking of tryin out his same setup but maybe just wanna tweak mine a little.

Premium Features