• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear bumper

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
Umm the bm fab bumper posted above??

Do you read at all before posting?

Oh well was kind of hard to tell by pictures and of the 4 axys that I have seen with messed up tunnels two of them the b&m bumper wouldn't of saved anything from happening imo but an opinion never matters on her cause certain individuals think they know everything about everything and what exactly protecting that bottom radius gonna help every tunnel will bend in the exact same spot

B
Dec 8, 2015
FAI, AK
8 bolts, (very low profile button head torx drive) flanged lock nuts to go with them. 12 Q lock rivets with 8 rivet washers to back them up in the tunnel. I'll snap some pics of mine tomorrow when I dig it out of the trailer at Togwotee Mountain Lodge....finally going to ride this turboed animal. All the bolt holes are factory tunnel holes. One rivet needs to be removed in each tunnel side and drilled through the new bumper. Two rivets on each tunnel lip, one up by the running boards and back about a foot need to be removed and drilled into the new bumper. We send quality rivets with. Bolts need to go through from the inside to the outside to prevent track damage like MH suggested above.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Did you get a chance to take some pictures? Just want to make sure rivits are in the right location/orientation. Thanks.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I just received my B&M rear in - Vodoo Blue - looks sweet! I'll post some detail install pics in the next few days when I have the chance to install it. It looks like a pretty straight-forward install with a few bolts and rivets.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I just received my B&M rear in - Vodoo Blue - looks sweet! I'll post some detail install pics in the next few days when I have the chance to install it. It looks like a pretty straight-forward install with a few bolts and rivets.

Ya, I did not drill out any rivets on my 2016 155"...just laid the bumper over where the old one sat, put in the 4 bolts on each side (these went in factory holes and lined up perfectly) and then drilled 3 additional holes through the tunnel on each side where the bumper had predrilled holes and used some black rivets I had:)

Pretty simple install if you have an air riveter...if you have a hand one like myself it was a b*tch:(

B
Dec 8, 2015
FAI, AK
I have all the rivets drilled out and pretty much done with the install but was really just wondering about the direction on this particular rivet shown in the picture since it lower in the tunnel compared to the other factory rivets. Probably a stupid question, but should the tail face in or out considering the comments on bolt direction.

ax_bumper_compact.jpg Capture.JPG

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I have all the rivets drilled out and pretty much done with the install but was really just wondering about the direction on this particular rivet shown in the picture since it lower in the tunnel compared to the other factory rivets. Probably a stupid question, but should the tail face in or out considering the comments on bolt direction.

IDK but you should post up more pictures of your wrap...

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
5319f8ce5fc9ec136fbee97173b86207.jpg

Tunnel lip = 2 rivets per side.
There is one pop rivet in the tunnel side farther back you need to drill out and re drill through the bumper from the inside. Rivets go in from outside and use the rivet washers on the inside of the tunnel.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
5319f8ce5fc9ec136fbee97173b86207.jpg

Tunnel lip = 2 rivets per side.
There is one pop rivet in the tunnel side farther back you need to drill out and re drill through the bumper from the inside. Rivets go in from outside and use the rivet washers on the inside of the tunnel.

BM...can I ask why drill out the rivets? The bumper you sent me seems to fit right over top of all rivets and went on easily using just the holes you had drilled in the bumper...

Maybe I'm missing something...but I'm gunna leave mine the way it is without drilling out any of the factory rivets and just overlaying the bumper on my sled:)

B
Dec 8, 2015
FAI, AK
Finished the bumper install last night and am really happy with the fit and finish. Thanks B&M. Glad to get rid of the CF bumper and have one that's stronger with reinforcement for the tunnel lip. Think I'm going to go rattle can black for the hardware though.

For my bumper install I had to remove the 2 rivets on the tunnel lip just to test fit the bumper. Too tight of a fit between the running board and bumper edge and removing those rivets made it fit like a glove.

Bumper.jpg

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
BM...can I ask why drill out the rivets? The bumper you sent me seems to fit right over top of all rivets and went on easily using just the holes you had drilled in the bumper...

Maybe I'm missing something...but I'm gunna leave mine the way it is without drilling out any of the factory rivets and just overlaying the bumper on my sled:)
We just want it to sit as flat as possible on the tunnel side and the factory lip. If the self piercing rivets didn't vary so much sled to sled we'd have put clearance holes around them too so it would sit perfectly flat on the tunnel. Really just our preference. If yours fits good enough for you just going over them, you're good to go.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Finished the bumper install last night and am really happy with the fit and finish. Thanks B&M. Glad to get rid of the CF bumper and have one that's stronger with reinforcement for the tunnel lip. Think I'm going to go rattle can black for the hardware though.

For my bumper install I had to remove the 2 rivets on the tunnel lip just to test fit the bumper. Too tight of a fit between the running board and bumper edge and removing those rivets made it fit like a glove.
Next season we will probably invest in having all of our hardware plated black. I personally like the contrast from black to clear zinc plating but a lot of people ask about black hardware.

J
Dec 17, 2010
Newfoundland
I'm assuming the Light blue Powdercoating(BL05) would be the closest match to the voodoo blue? 110% ordering up a rear bumper and love everything about the front bumper except the mounting location since i've seen a few members have issues and breaks in that area(especially on the pipe spring mount side). Any remedies around this? Bonus that it fits with a skid plate as well.

Also any chance to special order black hardware/rivets :)? Thanks!

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Black hardware will be something we do in the off season since it has to be done in batches. BL05 is really close to voodoo blue (was told Polaris used that color and converted to paint, hence it not being 100% perfect) Working on something for front bumper mounts....just no extra time lately.

T

theholeshabang

Jun 2, 2009
South Saskatchewan
Another quick cheap alternative,

*** BM bumper is far superior and their stuff is awesome, but if you are in a pinch or tight on cash you can also use a stock CAT M series bumper to stiffen bottom curled edge of tunnel***

I get take off bumpers from Cat dealer for $20.
They are strong.
They have all the main colors.
Run all the way along tunnel to running boards.
One piece extruded design so no welds.
Clean look.
All rivets are from inside out so no hardware showing.
Stock rivet holes on curl can be used.
Can install to leave a bit more room for large gloves when lifting.

photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg

Premium Features