• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear bumper

Mar 6, 2008
I am thinking of putting on a different rear bumper and need some input on which ones are available and work the best.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
I just put the Polaris rear bumper on mine. I really like it. Doesn't require you to drill any holes in your sled, but still have four bolts holding it on each side. The bump on the snowflap also rests right against the grab bar. So should be no issue getting your hands in if your stuck. Best of all it comes in many different colours. So there was no need for me to go down and get it powder coated the colour I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Lots of good offerings out there.... I've yet to see a Bad one in the bunch.

There are some that are available that also integrate more tunnel support at the rear. I believe that VanAmburg will have this design available.

I've used the Happy Face Products billet rear bumper on my ProRide... they have two lengths... short and long arm (155" & 163")

The long arm will also bolt to the 155" tunnel with new holes drilled and give you more support and load distribution pulling on the bumper.

I was impressed with the sturdy construction.

No pics yet mounted to the AXYS...but I'm told that it is very straight forward.

DSCN1106-400x300-400x300.jpg

http://happyfacepp.com/polaris-rear-bumper/

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ZBROZ is coming out with a front and rear bumper for the AXYS. I will be using them for sure, second option is always skinz..their bumpers saved my sleds more then once :/

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I like the skinz next level rear bumper because the hoop you lift on is higher and when stuck, it's less bending down , better to grab.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I've never understood that concept. When my rear bumper is 5 feet down in a hole it's the last thing I want to dig for. Not knocking the concept just doesn't work for me. We will build our bumper to have a raised bar if that's what people want.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
All the after market bumpers are great. I just find the raised part of the skinz, better for grabbing when stuck with gloves and when the snow flap is straight back its just a bit less digging. Imo. If others have the raised grab bar I would haved looked at them.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
What is this "stuck" thing everyone speaks of? :face-icon-small-ton O wait, that is what my buddies are doing behind me!

Alright alright... Carry on!

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
its just when the snowflap is rammed up aganist the bumper and its a royal pita to get your fingers in there to get a grip on it, its been a issue on this lightweight flap we now have, need a "step" in the crossbar so the flap cant totally press aganist the bumper all the way across

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Here is the ZBROZ rear bumper. Has built in tunnel support and removable rack system

I talked with Nate Zollinger this morning and they are in the sheet metal process yet so a few more weeks yet. Front bumpers are slightly ahead of the rears in production process.

Pretty lightweight and functional. I'm pretty stoked.

http://zbrozracing.com/rack-system-...k-models-track-length-specific-to-155-and-163

9a8eaf7de168f2a4f7099f194ceb6fc4.jpg

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
I liked the raised bumper from skinz on my pro. Like people have said, it is nice to be able to grab the bumper when you trench it. Digging out with my shovel is usually a last option. Maybe I'm lazy but I don't like getting it out.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Here's our bumper -

Adds tunnel bracing
Light weight
no edges sticking up around the bumper connection

Premium Features