• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T trade in

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
1/2 may be tough...

...especially if you paid full list. In Canada, holdover 2013 S/P ltd's are selling for $10500, a new 16 S/P Ltd can be bought for $15000 (They list for $19000 up here). They are a great platform to build on, (I have one that's pretty well set up with help from JustBoostIt, EVO, C3 & Racin Station) but not everyone will sacrifice weight for a heavier sled, so they are a tough sled to trade in. I would suggest listing it privately or parting it out if you want to recover some costs. Good luck.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I had an absolutely brutal time selling my M1100T, had it for sale for over a year and kept dropping the price didn't see much action. With the Yamaha Viper coming out it just killed the M1100T sales in my area. My local dealer made me a trade in offer when I bought a seadoo so jumped on it immediately. Crazy how cheap these sleds are now.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What's the most you guys would pay for a 2012 limited with 400 miles and warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
3000 for a 12 . I had one and had to give it away for 5000 a year and half ago. For 3500 u could afford to make it decent.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Problem is they got such a bad name with belt issues it was hard to recover from that. If they wouldn't had to struggle with that for the first couple years they would have been very successful. Had the potential to be the lightest 4s to date, $600 to have 215-220hp on pump gas, and handled better than the other 4s at the time. The other hurdle was dealers didn't want to spend the time to learn how to deal with these problems, it does come out of our pocket, but those that did have a very good following of loyal, satisfied 1100 customers.

Good luck with the sale.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Seems like now with everyone knowing what the problems are the sleds would start to be easier to sell. You don't have to throw the whole Evo catalog at it to make it rideable or reliable.

What would you guys say are the mandatory upgrades for a 12? Steering, gearing and??

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Seems like now with everyone knowing what the problems are the sleds would start to be easier to sell. You don't have to throw the whole Evo catalog at it to make it rideable or reliable.

What would you guys say are the mandatory upgrades for a 12? Steering, gearing and??

Tons of threads and posts on those exact questions. Do a search and you'll find enough reading to kill a few nights after supper.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Tons of threads and posts on those exact questions. Do a search and you'll find enough reading to kill a few nights after supper.

I'm very familiar with the search option.... Not interested in re reading all of those countless pages of the back and forth.

Thought that after all that smoked cleared, someone might actually have the issues narrowed down to a select few items instead of the entire Evo catalog.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
1100t

I have one of the 12 models i have 1150 miles on it same belt i did put the updated clutch on but not till i had 750 miles on it, im thinking new sled now but hate to give up the power i may go with a four stroke again the new narrow front end 8 inch wide skis im use to the weight, riding the trees you just have to be on your tows i little more than a two stroke, side hilling with my 12 is a pain i never narrowed the front end and has 8 wide skis, but all in all i like the sled.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Thought that after all that smoked cleared, someone might actually have the issues narrowed down to a select few items instead of the entire Evo catalog.

Depends on what you are after and how much you wanna spend? You want it more functional, lighter weight or more power. There are tons of options for these sleds. The first things I would do is at least a can and Evo 215 tune, deeper lug track and narrow front end.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Depends on what you are after and how much you wanna spend? You want it more functional, lighter weight or more power. There are tons of options for these sleds. The first things I would do is at least a can and Evo 215 tune, deeper lug track and narrow front end.

Really don't want any performance, wouldn't mind a lighter can and a simpler intake. Really just speaking in terms of reliability. I remember people spending $1000's on belt related problems, chain case issues, coolant tank issues....

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I'm very familiar with the search option.... Not interested in re reading all of those countless pages of the back and forth.

Not that bad really, imagine answering the same questions over and over....if you don't want to read all the knowledge and information that has been posted you will not truly understand the problems that were overcome.

If you're pressed for time then this is it.....

Coolant tank fixes - plastic weld best you can do and some change to a water wetter type fluid instead of regular coolant.

Drivetrain reliability - hyvo chain and manual tensioner to start. Gear case issues were a result of many things all of which were addressed by people working with Evo (myself included) to engineer fixes for those parts. This is why there is no blanket "we got it in a neat tidy package for you" solution. Engine mounts, motor mounts, weak drive shafts, non parallel clutches, and flexing TCL brackets are all POSSIBLE issues.

Nothing requires the dreaded "Evo catalog" without knowing what problems any individual sled has. Some require nothing. I have a '12 with nothing but a belt drive that has run a BC275 kit from day one on it's second belt. Stock clutch it came with.

Problem is you can piece the solution parts together one at a time and keep breaking the next weakest link as you go, or most choose the do it right and never have to deal with breaking again.

Not trying to be rude but you're asking "how to do open heart surgery" and expecting "I cut my finger and need a band aid" answer.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Not trying to be rude but you're asking "how to do open heart surgery" and expecting "I cut my finger and need a band aid" answer.

That's not at all what I'm asking. I want the opinion and findings from a mountain rider with a lot of time on the sled. Someone who doesn't have endless money and time to put into it and the "I'll just put every durability part made on it" attitude. I'm familiar with every sled being different and what one sleds has to have, another one doesn't.

I'm looking for the KNOWN, big failure rate items.

I've been around this forum long enough to know my way around the search option. I DID search and read for many hours. I'm not ignorant or lazy.
I just figured now that the sleds have been around for 5 years there would be a narrowed down list on the "have to haves" for this sled. And not have to read through all the bickering back and forth.

Last edited:

Turcatbo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2015
Okay, here's my list.

I would do the turbie tcl delete full kit (stage 3 I think it's called) in a second, it corrects most of the issues. If there wasn't an issue, it makes it better. My belt runs straight and true, and cool, while not using the chaincase as a pivot point for the entire powertrain. I'll never worry about the rear motor mounts holing the heat exchanger either.
Chain, for sure you need a manual tensioner, no question. The stock one is auto adjust, mine was so tight after 150 miles that the chain could hit an octave over high C. Gene reflashed mine, it pulls well, and has the quietish big muffler, and pipe, boost recirc valve, turbo blanket, intercooler fan and a rollover valve. Right now, I'm ordering the narrow front end. Sidehilling is tough for 2 reasons. The stock fox float is too progressive, so I have evol chambers to put on as well... and it's wide, more of a trail sled width. I'm hoping that between the both of them, it will sidehill properly with a little bigger balance window, which stock it doesn't have, feels like on a knife edge right now. If the evol thing on the float shock doesn't cut it, I will just bite the bullet and get the ones that Turbie runs. Cam gets a lot of miles on in a year, and if they work for him, they should be more than enough. I forget what make they are, do you know Gene?
So i have a lake tune, fat exhaust, and some intake plumbing supposed to do 230hp turning the stock long track. It's more fun than any sled I've owned, or ridden, period. I might like to try the multi tune, so I could turn it down, for puddling around in soft deep stuff, it might not trench as easy, then turn up the funometer when there is better traction. Hope that's what you were looking for.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's not at all what I'm asking. I want the opinion and findings from a mountain rider with a lot of time on the sled. Someone who doesn't have endless money and time to put into it and the "I'll just put every durability part made on it" attitude. I'm familiar with every sled being different and what one sleds has to have, another one doesn't.

I'm looking for the KNOWN, big failure rate items.

I've been around this forum long enough to know my way around the search option. I DID search and read for many hours. I'm not ignorant or lazy.
I just figured now that the sleds have been around for 5 years there would be a narrowed down list on the "have to haves" for this sled. And not have to read through all the bickering back and forth.

What I'm trying to say is the questions you are asking have no cookie cutter answer. I've built and owned 4, built another 25-30 for customers , and helped countless other customers build there own. If you don't want the blanket fix then you will have to wait for things to fail to fix them as no two 1100s have the same problems. The problem with that plan is it costs more in money and downtime with no riding.

Lets assume you don't have belt issues then the list for known common OTHER issues are as follows:

- hyvo gears and manual tensioner
- Evo motor mounts
- Evo engine mounts

After that see what problems your sled has and fix accordingly.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What I'm trying to say is the questions you are asking have no cookie cutter answer. I've built and owned 4, built another 25-30 for customers , and helped countless other customers build there own. If you don't want the blanket fix then you will have to wait for things to fail to fix them as no two 1100s have the same problems. The problem with that plan is it costs more in money and downtime with no riding.

Lets assume you don't have belt issues then the list for known common OTHER issues are as follows:

- hyvo gears and manual tensioner

- Evo motor mounts

- Evo engine mounts

After that see what problems your sled has and fix accordingly.

What's the difference between the Evo motor mounts and engine mounts?

Premium Features