• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys delivery dates

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Sleds are built to minimize the cost of line changes with the parts available from vendors at the time. Destination is a non-factor in the model mix - different models are stored until a full truck to an area is ready. With the drop in sled volumes sold the past 15 years, much easier to get sleds out earlier than it used to be, provided the vendors deliver their parts.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
It would make more sense to batch build by content, than to build by destination regardless of content.

I agree, but whether there's much truth to it or not, every year the western states get their sleds first and they work their way across the states. Reg2view's post about storing them by content and shipping by destination makes more sense.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I agree, but whether there's much truth to it or not, every year the western states get their sleds first and they work their way across the states. Reg2view's post about storing them by content and shipping by destination makes more sense.

OEMs do schedule pow sleds builds earlier whenever they can since they do get ridden earlier, and the western rental fleets need them since they are revenue producing. Parts availability and final calibration drive build schedule. Poo more than cat or doo, since they have the largest rental fleet customers now. That's what you're seeing.

There have been years when limited builds were actually last due to parts availability or late calibrations. The IQ/Fusions have been victims before. 2002 M1 cats were late - like January - motors from Japan were stuck in customs after 911. FWIW.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Mine is the same red and black but 155 2.6". I'm in no hurry, because when ever I get my snowcheck sleds early it costs me way more money because I have more time to buy aftermarket stuff that I convince myself I need or I can't ride like Chris....I still can't ride as well as him lol. Maybe I'll fill all the tubing with helium to lighten it up even more. The then the new word everyone will have to learn this year will be Flickabler-er

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
With the drop in sled volumes sold the past 15 years.

thats because you can buy a nice house on 1 acre cheaper than 4 new sleds for the family to ride.LOL.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Since your in the biz now Jay, you need to hang the pdi'd sled on a scale.

Time to find out if anything but the unpainted basic 155 can be sub 400 cheaply.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Washington State dealer received a few non snow checked Axys Pros last week. I checked up on my snow check and it says a ship date of 08-28-2015

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I saw a 2016 Axys Pro at Carl's on Friday. It was not a SnowCheck sled. Fit and finish was very good.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
well, well. . . a note from Polaris hit my inbox today saying my sled has been shipped, and will arrive in about 2 weeks. . . .schweeeett!!!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
SPECS????

Here ya go =)

800 Pro RMK LE 163
Series 7 - 3" track
Black Pearl with Orange Accents
Painted Black Tunnel
WE shocks - to be revalved by Carls Cycles
Black Rails