• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring check - free gauge upgrade?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Is the interatactive gauge in fact "free" on snowchecks? When I add it on the website, it adds $700 to the price.

What gives?

B

benny7cfan

Sep 11, 2009
MN
Looks like snowcheck has two options:

4yr warranty/basic gauge
2yr warranty/PIDD

Hope that helps.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Is the interatactive gauge in fact "free" on snowchecks? When I add it on the website, it adds $700 to the price.

What gives?

The way I understand it is you can EITHER have a 4 year warranty and not have the interactive gauge OR you can have a 2 year warranty and get a free gauge.

Personally I'll take the warranty any day. New chassis with a new motor...hmm do you want a guarantee or a fancy gauge? Only time I look at the dash is to every once in awhile see what RPMs I'm pulling in an open meadow or check how far I went at the end of the day.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Im gonna go the 2yr and free gauge route. 2 yrs would be the MOST I keep a sled as my primary sled, plus when you trade or sell you really dont get any more money for it having warranty left on it. The other BIG issue for me is I hate taking my sled into the dealer anyway. I would rather pay for parts and fix it myself then take it to the dealer and roll the dice on if you get someone that knows what they are doing and dont screw up other stuff in the process. Eric

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I hear you. I never keep a sled more than a couple years either. Usually I mod them and wreck my warranty anyway. You probably won't get any more money but if you have two identical sleds, the one with warranty is the one that will sell first. You might even get 350- 500 more and that would be half back. If the new motor is trouble free the warranty will mean less.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
The gauge is a $700 add. Is warranty worth $350 a year to you? Having already rode this sled, I am leaning towards buying sled and doing almost nothing to it. It rips right out of the box. I may change the can to get it sub 400 and add that cool noise, but other than the can I don't think it needs a ton. Leaning towards paying for the gauge and keeping 4 year warranty.

Premium Features