• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbros k.i.s.s coupler

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Anyone have experience with the k.i.s.s coupler bracket for the viper? I'm looking to keep the front end down without spending a fortune. The price is right that's for sure. Anyone have stock in Canada on these?

Thanks for the feedback.
Sean

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
You bet. I was test dummy last year with Nate from ZBroz. We went through a few ideas along the way and I believe in the end it became a very solid product in lieu of a 3-4k rear skid to control ski lift and overall ride quality. I also installed a Coil over ZBroz rear as well. it helped a lot as well. I think Robertson Motorsports in Swift Current has them in Stock. Maybe Boost it in Ponoka as well. Or maybe any other dealer will.........just gotta check around
Cheers
RS

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Run the Zbroz k.i.s.s. on a 153" with an Exit X1 in the rear.
No complaints so far, but i havn't played much cause we have neck deep snow so it's mostly tree riding.

J
Nov 27, 2007
placement

zbroz placement is a bit off for my liking, product works but barely where they have you place it. 2 1/4 instead of 2 1/2 gives you better couple. placed at 2 1/4 you get 6-7 inches of lift in full couple and wheelie all day in the softest.
julio

jpokryfki

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2010
I played around with the coupler location alot before drilling my holes! I found that 2 3/8 was about perfect. At this distance, the least coupling has about an 1/8 of clearance, the next adjustment touches the suspension, but just a little, and then you go progressively up from there. I haven't been able to play with it too much, but on setting 2 it does help to keep the skis down some.

T
Mar 30, 2010
run mine at 2 inches of gap.
lowest setting has some contact highest setting couples half way down makes not such a rodeo under boost!

J
Nov 27, 2007
couple

run mine at 2 inches of gap.
lowest setting has some contact highest setting couples half way down makes not such a rodeo under boost!

I was cautioned by nate putting the coupler that far forward at full lock out it most likely will bind your suspension as it will compress your front arm to its limit before the back is bottomed out. put mine there for one ride and it was perfect for climbing in the soft setting moved it back to give me some adjustment. julio

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I was cautioned by nate putting the coupler that far forward at full lock out it most likely will bind your suspension as it will compress your front arm to its limit before the back is bottomed out. put mine there for one ride and it was perfect for climbing in the soft setting moved it back to give me some adjustment. julio

Yes, that's correct. At the full couple position side of the block, the front and rear arm move at a 1:1 ratio. If the gap isn't set properly, its possible to bottom out your center track shock before the rear shock has fully cycled!

T
Mar 30, 2010
My front shock isn't in the factory location! In the highest setting is where I run kiss coupler at all times no suspension binding going with the evol and high rate shock made a big difference. Factory bottoms out on anything with max air pressure!

J
Nov 27, 2007
shock location

My front shock isn't in the factory location! In the highest setting is where I run kiss coupler at all times no suspension binding going with the evol and high rate shock made a big difference. Factory bottoms out on anything with max air pressure!

did you move the arm? moving the shock wont change the binding, do you have the new or old coupler block? something must be different or you are used to a very planted sled.
with the block at 2" my sled was in climbing mode on the softest setting, kinda a pain to commute in the trees. now at 2.25 I run it in either of the middle setting for normal riding full lock sets the skis around 6 inches of lift. Julio.

Premium Features