• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy info links....please add yours here.

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
Thanks for the links and book suggestions. I'm definitely going to check out fsavalanche.com in addition to looking for an in-person class somewhere here in Washington (or Oregon).

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
avalanche course

Need some help trying to get in touch with mike duffy,does anyone have an email adress or phone#.....thanks for your help:):):)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's from a guy who is doing his PhD on the subject, I doubt that a ton of sledders are seeing it on TGR & I figure the more info there is out there to help all of us the better.

It's questions didn't fit our situation completely, but other riders' way of riding may fit into this survey better.

Give it a few minutes!

zacs

Lifetime Membership
Thanks CatWoman for maintaining these threads and all your efforts as moderator! Much appreciated!

For short articles related to backcountry snowmobiling and avalanche safety check out our website.
zacstracs.com

Over the past 10 years Zac's Tracs has partnered with the Canadian Avalanche Centre and the Alberta Snowmobile Association to pass along the message avalanche awareness to thousands of snowmobilers and youth throughout Western Canada and the northern US.

Archived articles can be accessed by CLICKING HERE.

If you like what you see...sign up to receive these free newsletters. :)

Last edited:
M
Nov 21, 2011
New Avy Course Just for Snowmobilers

Most avalanche courses are geared towards skiers, but this one is different. It's exciting to see a curriculum that caters to the snowmobile community.

You can check it out at http://level1dec911snowmobile.eventbrite.com/

or read more about the Silverton Avalanche School at avyschool.com

There are two courses this winter (2011-2012): December 9-11 or January 20-22

zacs

Lifetime Membership
So, for my speech that I'm giving on avalanche awareness I might need to interview someone via emails/pms? Any takers?!? ;)

We are snowmobilers from western Canada and have been been teaching avy classes for the past 12 years. You can find info on our website www.zacstracs.com
Some of our articles have been recently posted to: http://www.snoriderswest.com/snowtracs

You are also welcome to email for more info. lori@zacstracs.com

Good luck with the presentation!!

Premium Features