• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS Low boost turbo

D
Oct 10, 2009
Saskatoon
Just wondering if any one has any experience with the tss low boost turbo kit. I have my 2014 summit x booked in to get this kit installed but am now second guessing myself if I will be happy with it or if I should have just upgraded to their standard kit with the intercooler. I like dong the occasional big climb but am by no means a chute climber. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
As long as you don't have to cut or modify the sled you should be ok. Looked at many kits & the main reason I choose a Silber was that there was nothing but 1 little vacuum line to the Rave valves to cut into. Battery & everything else stays in place. Worst case scenario if the motor blows up I would just take it all off & straight in for warranty.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
You cant compare a TSS system to a Silber. Silber is entry level stuff. The W2A intercooler. Last year no intercooler this year W2A intercooler. If you have the extra bucks go for it. The water 2 air works so well at keeping charge temps down.

G

gas man

Apr 19, 2010
Sexsmith, Alta
i have the 174 with easy ryde and i still havent went past 15% on the controller(about 6psi). pulls as hard as i need. but, when we get some more snow......:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Did anyone monitor there charge temps to see what they were before and after, why I ask is I can't seam to get my charge temps over 100f and I don't have the intercooler...

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
Hey Dustin,

Just depends what you are wanting to do. I run just an airbox and no W2A. Unless a guy is consistently doing big long pulls it is really unnecessary. Just depends what kind of riding you mainly do. I mainly play in the trees and do technical riding with the odd average pull so never needed the water to air. - Cody

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Hey Dustin,

Just depends what you are wanting to do. I run just an airbox and no W2A. Unless a guy is consistently doing big long pulls it is really unnecessary. Just depends what kind of riding you mainly do. I mainly play in the trees and do technical riding with the odd average pull so never needed the water to air. - Cody

How is your tss cat running compared to the tss xm's ?

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
It runs awesome. pretty comparable to the XM i'd say. The Cat needs an extra lb. or 2 of boost it seems to run even with XM. example. My cat would run 9-10lbs to run head to head with XM at 8. But it works great and I love it. Was out with Chad Greziuk on the weekend on his XM doo with TSS turbo. It was working awesome! - Cody

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
It runs awesome. pretty comparable to the XM i'd say. The Cat needs an extra lb. or 2 of boost it seems to run even with XM. example. My cat would run 9-10lbs to run head to head with XM at 8. But it works great and I love it. Was out with Chad Greziuk on the weekend on his XM doo with TSS turbo. It was working awesome! - Cody

Awesome, wanting to sell my EVO cat to go back to an 800. Not sure if I want to run a cat or xm next year but will do a TSS kit.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
What extra weight is the air box, pump, heat exchanger, coolant and piping weight compared to not running one?

I've riden with a few low boost kits. They work really well. My intercooled kits have ran so consistent over the past 2 years i would say just go for it. Their low boost kits still run super great. If you got the bucks put er in.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
What extra weight is the air box, pump, heat exchanger, coolant and piping weight compared to not running one?

I have held there W/A air box in my hand, it is definitely NOT light... The heat exchanger is not very big fits under belly pan (stupid place to have it IMO) so not much weight with that and pump, but coolant is gonna add up some weight.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
who cares how much it weighs if it makes your sled run consistant.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Because weight means a lot on a mountain sled... And when your flip in them, getting them unstuck , that extra thirty lbs adds up quick.... And they also run great with out the intercooler

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
well if they run great without them I guess there is no need for them. I have yet to see one (aerocharger) run great! I'm sure a lot is depending on riding style as well.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
They sure do run good, might be the reason they out sell the others by ten to 1

Just because they outsell doesn't mean they work great. Maybe they just have good salesman and fancy little videos. Marketing can do a lot. Like I said seen a few and I have never seen one that I was like wow that thing rips. Everyone I know that has had them has have removed them or sold it because they were sick of it.

Premium Features