• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>> A solution to the Double-Triple-Quad wide Ads

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As I mentioned a in Mid-December we have been working on a solution to the issue of too many ads being displays on some screens.

We are now ready to give it a try with a few members of SnoWest.

This solution will only work for Premium or Life Members.
It is not applicable to free members

If you are running any manner of "Ad-Blocker" on your system, this solution will not work for you.

If this solution tests out and works without causing any additional unforeseen problems, we will offer it to all of our Premium/Lifetime members. But if it blows up, I would rather it only effect a handful of willing "Guinea pigs" while we test it.

SO..

I am looking for half a dozen or so members who feel they are suffering badly from the ads and would be willing to be test cases for a possible solution.

If you are interested, send me a PM.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hmm
Perhaps the problem really isn't a problem after all.
Hours later and not a single person has contacted me.

SWEET!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
:censored: these ads! Yes they are much better than they were (seemingly) but at times they are obnoxious.

Word isn't out yet about a fix..:pound:

I know.
Hardly anyone has seen this thread so far.

Anyone interested in being one of my Crash Test Dummies?

CrashTestDummy-2-8544b.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I will. Haven't been for 24 hours.

EDIT: Haven't been on this site for 24 hours. The issues I have on here just like this one that just happened are getting annoying. IE:

Simple as trying to edit a post and can't ever get a cursor to show up in the window. Sometimes (like this time) had to go to the "Go advanced" button. Sometimes the delete icon is never displayed.

As you should know from all of my screenshots on the issue, I have no adblocker.

Last edited:
M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Does this "test" require anything being done to my computer??? This is a work computer so don't want to be doing anything detrimental to it???

If not, I will give it a whirl and see what happens as Snowest still is not working right for me. Emoticons don't work, quick reply don't work, thank someone and it takes me back to the first page, etc. etc. etc.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This fix will not impact any of those items.
This only addresses the ADS on the side of the forum.

The issues you are describing sound much more like corrupted cache in your browser.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Thanks!!!! Deleted cookies and temporary net files and things working again!!
:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:whoo::whoo:

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I do get side by side ads 2 and 3 wide on occasion, it doesn't seem to be regular though. But if you want another test monkey??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So far so good!
We have six test pilots trying out the new code and ALL of them are reporting ZERO PROBLEMS with our new solution.

Very Happy so far.

Last edited:
Premium Features