• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride 60 miles I am so sore legs arms back wow

Ya. Man I feel old ..new sled really gave me a lickin .. I fely a little worn out when I got home and knew fight away the bar position was not going to work for me so I installed the OFT relocator.
Would like to get the seat a little higher also and think these will help alot. Any suggestions on the cheapest option to get this done tight budget with new sled and all.

I think the stock position is hard on the body when transitioning from standing to sitting and the bar angle kills the arms and back.

I dont mind getting a workout while riding and i do ride hard but i want to ride today but probably too sore lol

Sled has almost 500 miles so i orders the Mountaintech skid plate last night also to replace when I do the first oil change.

Any other suggestions for a better more forgiving riding position?

C
Nov 29, 2008
Sell it and get a better handling sled ... that's why I did ..... much easier to handle means less sore back / muscles ... fewer sticks .... easier unsticks ... and so on .... will it hold up longer than the nytro motor ... maybe not .... is riding now more fun .... definitely!
Couldn't justify having to dump $2k into the nytro for a front end, $2k for a better skid, $1k for skis and tank, $1k for boards and exhaust and still have a heavy sled that wore me out.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The Nytro is a great sled, ignore his comments.

What will make it MUCH better for riding is a whole new seat.
It ain't super cheap, but take a long hard look at the SKINZ Air Frame Seat!
It REALLY makes a big difference in the transition from seated to standing!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
You guys buy a tank and expect it to not kick your azz? You guys need your heads examined. Yamaha is fourth in sales because they are so far out of touch with what the market actually wants and needs. I'll give you the engines are good, although far too heavy. The rest of the sled is junk, I agree with the second poster. Sell it for whatever you can get and buy a chassis that works. You can thank me later!

Thanks for the bad rating Chris! It is a shame you're a super moderator by genetics as you are about the only one who ever gives me bad ratings on my posts. Based solely on you not agreeing with me. The point of a forum is to voice opinions so one can weigh them and form their own. I for one am happy to voice my opinion and could care less whether you agree or not. Keep it up, you will never sway me to tankville (yami-land). The OP asked for input and I gave him my honest opinion, I did not tell him which of the other three sleds to ride, I left it open for him to choose one of his liking. Just because you bleed Yama-lube does not make that the best choice for anybody including yourself! Feel free to give me a double bad post rating or ban me for dareing to disagree with your opinion.

Double bad granted by "BBNytro" and "turboyammy" go figure!

Last edited:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Sell it and get a better handling sled ... that's why I did ..... much easier to handle means less sore back / muscles ... fewer sticks .... easier unsticks ... and so on .... will it hold up longer than the nytro motor ... maybe not .... is riding now more fun .... definitely!
Couldn't justify having to dump $2k into the nytro for a front end, $2k for a better skid, $1k for skis and tank, $1k for boards and exhaust and still have a heavy sled that wore me out.

I ride Yamaha, and this guy said it perfectly.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I also have the Skinz seat and it is good for transitioning from sitting to standing. I don't sit down much so it probably wasn't a great purchase for me but it is good for being there but not getting in the way much. You almost have to go to some kind of different exhaust to get it to look decent.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
You guys buy a tank and expect it to not kick your azz? You guys need your heads examined. Yamaha is fourth in sales because they are so far out of touch with what the market actually wants and needs. I'll give you the engines are good although far too heavy. The rest of the sled is junk, I agree with the second poster. Sell it for whatever you can get and buy a chassis that works. You can thank me later!

Thanks for the bad rating Chris! It is a shame you're a super moderator by genetics as you are about the only one who ever gives me bad ratings on my posts. Based solely on you not agreeing with me. The point of a forum is to voice opinions so one can weigh them and form their own. I for one am happy to voice my opinion and could care less whether you agree or not. Keep it up, you will never sway me to tankville (yami-land). The OP asked for input and I gave him my honest opinion, I did not tell him which of the other three sleds to ride, I left it open for him to choose one of his liking. Just because you bleed Yama-lube does not make that the best choice for anybody including yourself! Feel free to give me a double bad post rating or ban me for dareing to disagree with your opinion.

The problem with people like you that come onto a different makes forum and start bashing is the fact that you are completely ignoring what the original question was. He didn't ask about whether he should dump his sled and get a new one. He wanted to know about making it more ridable. Does the pro ride better out of the box than the Nytro? Yes. Is that the issue at hand here? No. That is why you deserve a thumbs down for your post. Come on over to our side if you have something worthwhile to add and are going to address the original question posed.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
You guys buy a tank and expect it to not kick your azz? You guys need your heads examined. Yamaha is fourth in sales because they are so far out of touch with what the market actually wants and needs. I'll give you the engines are good although far too heavy. The rest of the sled is junk, I agree with the second poster. Sell it for whatever you can get and buy a chassis that works. You can thank me later!

if you actually owned one your opinion mite be worth something, but you don't & that's not what the poster asked for.opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one,but it doesn't mean everybody wants to smell one.:face-icon-small-hap

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
if you actually owned one your opinion mite be worth something, but you don't & that's not what the poster asked for.opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one,but it doesn't mean everybody wants to smell one.:face-icon-small-hap

You did not have to read it either, but you did!

I'll let the Yami Faithful try and help the OP out. As yet there is nothing posted that he can do to his sled that will keep him from feeling like he did. Feel free to pick on me but that is not helping him either.

You could transplant the engine into a PRO chassis, PM Snopromod. He did exactly that and seems to be very happy with the outcome. You get a sled that handles well and get to keep the bulletproof engine in the process. Weight is about 435 dry if memory serves.

For what it is worth

C
Nov 29, 2008

Brother and I had one each and still have 5 phazers in the shed. Nytro just didn't work out. Just look at the number of mods that owners tried just to get them to work reasonably. Personally, while I loved the motor, clean exhaust, and dependability of the 4 stroke, after three years of riding it I found it to be too exhausting and not worth the effort or the $$$$$ to make it work. Am I expecting that the 2 strokes we bought to replace them will last as long - not likely but they sure are a hell of a lot more fun and capable off trail. Yamaha builds a great motor but the nytro chassis just plain sucks for most off trail riders. If it was a decent chassis, Yamaha wouldn't have dropped it to get in bed with cat. I would have put up with not having the lightest ride to keep a 4 stroke but just couldn't put up with losy handling and poor balance too.

Riding season is getting shorter and I'm not getting younger so I opted to go a different route this time around. I did own a nytro, still own phazers so in that sense I'm "entitled" to offer my 2 cents and that is that it's not worth the $$$$$ or effort to get a nytro to work!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
they are not for everybody,i love mine but have changed allot to suit me,but i have on every sled i have owned.my prob is you guys are not helping him your just stating your opinion of the sled,which does nothing to help the guy.iam not here to pick on anybody just get tired of the opinionated garbage.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Since the original person who posed the question has never come back. I would say that it was never a legit post to begin with. However it is effective to go into any forum and post a question that has been asked about a known issue and have one of there forum friends go in and trash the concept and then sit back and watch the fireworks. Just look at the pissing match that this one started. There is not a lot of snow to go riding so everyone has to find a way to entertain themselves.

Now that we have reestablished that yamaha sleds are heavy and a arctic polaris adoo is the best and lightest meanest thing on snow lets move on shall we

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Since the original person who posed the question has never come back. I would say that it was never a legit post to begin with.
If you checked the log at the bottom of this thread you would see that he logged back in this morning at 6:44AM.

For reasons unknown, perhaps because of the bickering, he choose not to post anything and just read the replies.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
now that the $hit show is over after market seats are pricey but if you have a Upholstery shop around you can have them add foam to gain height on your seat.if its heavy steering thats bothering you more preload on your front shock in the rear skid will help.

C
Nov 29, 2008
The Nytro is a great sled, ignore his comments.

What will make it MUCH better for riding is a whole new seat.
It ain't super cheap, but take a long hard look at the SKINZ Air Frame Seat!
It REALLY makes a big difference in the transition from seated to standing!

The Nytro motor is a great motor - Nytro chassis not so much. We had two but found that our Phazers were more fun to ride, more nimble, less tiring but lacked power. The OP was looking for "cheap fixes" - heads up there are no cheap fixes for the Nytro! Look at all the tricked out Nytros for sale with low miles. Add up the cost of all the aftermarket parts - seat / tank / boards / exhaust / skid / revised front end geometry / lightweight battery / and so on - total is more that the price of the original sled.

From start to finish, the balance / weight distribution / centre of gravity are all out of kilter on the Nytro chassis and for those problems there are no easy / cheap fixes per the original post! Guys on TY and here are stuffing the Nytro motors into RMK chassis and grafting / transplanting RMK fronts on them to try to get it to handle better. Not sure why you would have to do that to a "great" sled!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
The Nytro motor is a great motor - Nytro chassis not so much. We had two but found that our Phazers were more fun to ride, more nimble, less tiring but lacked power. The OP was looking for "cheap fixes" - heads up there are no cheap fixes for the Nytro! Look at all the tricked out Nytros for sale with low miles. Add up the cost of all the aftermarket parts - seat / tank / boards / exhaust / skid / revised front end geometry / lightweight battery / and so on - total is more that the price of the original sled.

From start to finish, the balance / weight distribution / centre of gravity are all out of kilter on the Nytro chassis and for those problems there are no easy / cheap fixes per the original post! Guys on TY and here are stuffing the Nytro motors into RMK chassis and grafting / transplanting RMK fronts on them to try to get it to handle better. Not sure why you would have to do that to a "great" sled!

once again this is your opinion & not everyone agrees with you,i love mine,is it stock no but i dont find all the issues you seem too.everybody is different & we all like different things,telling him he has a piece of crap & you cant fix it is not helping him.

C
Feb 23, 2009
nytro help!

I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE BEST NYTRO MODS BUT YOU HAVE A VERY DEPENDABLE SLED. I WORK AT A MULTI LINE DEALER AND THE MODIFIED YAMAHA'S ARE STILL MORE DEPENDABLE THEN THE OTHER BRAND WE HAVE IN STOCK FORM.
I HAVE 06 APEX STRETCHED TO A 163 WITH AS MANY MODS AS U CAN THINK OF , STILL JUST AS DEPENDABLE AS STOCK !525#

I SAY GO FOR IT ,U WILL MAKE IT JUST WHAT U WANT IT WILL JUST TAKE U A LITTLE TIME.

Premium Features