• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest / Harris Publishing Needs Help!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Christopher or somebody can you please help the Harris folks get these ads under control. The problem I have isn't with the ads themselves its with the formatting. They are all different sizes. It screws up the display and when your on a phone or iPad you end up with a super wide ad up top then it makes it hard to read text. I also get the same exact ad multiple times on the same page. There is a fine line of making the ads stand out and just making people hate them.

Harris, please let Christopher or somebody else manage the placement and formatting to ensure a pleasurable viewing experience .

As funny as it is this scene from the movie Idiocracy, this is what SW is turning into........IMO This example actually looks better than SW:face-icon-small-coo

6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86dd2e5970b-pi

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is what I get all the time.

I log into the site in
FireFox
Internet Explorer
Google Chrome

and can't get any of them to display like that?

If we can figure out HOW to replicate that, "THEN" we have somewhere to go when I bring it up to the advertising department.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
C'mon Christopher. I know you can teach them how to do it better. This kind of quality doesn't represent the kind of top notch advertising firm Harris publishing is.

ScreenShot2014-01-10at111210AM_zps3034d16d.png
[/URL][/IMG]

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Why do you need to duplicate it if everyone says it sucks and they are through paying until it changes.

Try something new already, it's broke, fix it. Sometimes "broken" is inexplicable, doesn't matter how or why, it's just time to fix the damn thing before it's too late and time takes your harvest away........Day in the life of a farmer.

You have the voices yelling, only so long before they give up and move on.

IE for me, same experiences as above. Have we hit the give a **** count yet?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Only when they are able to replicate it are they going to be able to go into their display code and alter that code to stop the double stacking.
Right now I can't see it and neither can they.
So there is nothing for them to fix yet.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Thinking more along the lines of side ad Elimination. Hard to double stack if it's not there.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I thought this was the way you guys wanted the adds to show up? I get double and TRIPPLE stacked adds all the time. Just figured it went along with all the other issues. Eric

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I thought this was the way you guys wanted the adds to show up? I get double and TRIPPLE stacked adds all the time. Just figured it went along with all the other issues. Eric

I think you have it right, excuses seem to be the only response to the complaints.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I would like to keep this professional. They have a business to run and advertising is at the core of it. They do not want to upset their member base. They may genuinely not know there is a problem. When you go into attack mode they will get defensive and that is good for nobody.

I just want to view SnoWest without having to zoom in all the time because of the ad formatting.

Premium Features