• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharger pulley question

R
Dec 28, 2007
Hey guys. I am getting ready to install a used MPI stage one supercharger on an Apex. Running 6-10,000 ft. It came with a 27 crank and 23 top pulley. Any idea on what kind of boost it will make with this combo. I believe the Apex stage one ships with 26-22 pulleys. From the other info i have read going bigger on top or smaller on bottom will reduce boost numbers.
I am curious to know if one tooth is more significant on one pulley or the other,kinda like changing the gearing on a motorcycle. One tooth on the countershaft sprocket has a much greater effect than one tooth on the rear.
Thanks

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
MPI actually shipped a 27 bottom and a 25 top to me and I wasn't making any boost, so they sent a 23 for my top and now I'm making about 10 pounds. I think you'll be fine.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Would maybe have a chat with MPI just to make sure you are running in the proper efficiency range for the blower too. I know with my combo at 12 lbs on a stage 2, I'm at the bare minimum I can run for the blower speed with my pulley combo. Sorry cant remember what I've got on there.

Last edited:
Premium Features