• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Bags

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I currently have the craggier built system and am not to fond of it. I would like to install the polaris tunnel bag the hold both the shovel head and handle. The only place to mount it over the heat exchanger just in front of the tail light. Would this work of would it get to hot and possible melt the bag???

Here the bag i am looking to install

31fCoGCPnsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I have both on mine actually.... works great.

The bag isn't waterproof, so the heat from the exchanger will melt whatever snow is on it and get the stuff inside wet.... FYI

I wound up putting something solid under the bag to prevent it from sagging so much with just the 3 bars I had originally... but I do have it spaced up from the exchanger a small amount so it is not resting directly on it.

100_3129.jpg

100_3686.jpg

100_4108.jpg

Last edited:
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I sure hope your not riding alpine with your shovels on your sleds!? unless you have a second one in your back pack.... sorry, off topic but important none the less

Last edited:
M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
mine is also like "ford guys" with a bit of a spacer.....i had zero heat issues from it.....of course everything in it will be very wet!.....so its a good place for "waters" etc and an extra! shovel.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Skinz makes a great one, made for the Sled

I have them on both my 05 and 06.

They just use quick buckels to attach the the Original plastic.

The come off quickly and have a carrying handle.

Premium Features