• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ripcharger XP

Jul 22, 2008
Well I made the switch, been ridin a turbo xp 800 for two seasons now and absolutly loved it. It had amazing power and response... until I tried the supercharger!
The throttle response is better than stock and power is at par with the turbo. I didnt change clutching at all with the switch and found myself running clicker 1 and the shockwave at around 52*! 7psi boost and the 2.5 inch 146 track will hit 50 mph in just over a two sled lengths from a dead stop! I cant wait till next season, gonna be a awesome year. I will put some pictures up on here when I get the supercharger mounted on the other side of the engine as it fits too tight on the clutch side for my liking. The brackets were built and I had to get it in the snow before it melted, was a great way to spend Canada Day!

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Looked at ripchargers site. Seems like a very cool idea. If these guys make it work it would be a first in the sled world.

I say "if". Sure would be nice if it actually happens. Vaporware and shoddy product seems to be a daily deal in the sled world.

But, the video on their site shows their M8 running like a bat out of hell. Would be a way cool machine.

Jul 22, 2008
Looked at ripchargers site. Seems like a very cool idea. If these guys make it work it would be a first in the sled world.

I say "if". Sure would be nice if it actually happens. Vaporware and shoddy product seems to be a daily deal in the sled world.

But, the video on their site shows their M8 running like a bat out of hell. Would be a way cool machine.

True that! However the main reason I tried it other than throttle response is to bring a new product to Powderlites. As an employee there I know Dave will only take on something with quality and reliability, and if the ripcharger boys can get a few more things figured out, we will be the dealer for the Skidoo Xp 800 supercharger kit! There is one main thing that we are not allowed to talk about that makes or breaks the functionality of a supercharger on a 2 stroke motor, and it works! This will be a very new and functional piece of equipment that everyone will have to have once they ride one!
cheers!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
SWEEETTT! I wanted to deal with dave on a turbo,but can't swing a new 4 stroke but to supercharge are xp 09-800 summit is doable PLEASE keep us updated.THANKS

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rip Charger 800 Doo

We will be testing and doing R & D on this unit and so far Very impressed with how it runs by what Mitch did on July 1st.
Rip Charger has partner up with us to sell and do some manufacturing.
I believe this should be a great product with the amount of time Rip charger has into the pentented design that makes it work.
We will not take deposits at this time until product is proven and ready to ship.
We will update you as this project develops.
www.powderlites.com
250-836-4422
We would like a idea of how many guys will want a great running pump gas supercharger 2 stroke kit.
Thanks for your feedback!
Dave Forsyth:face-icon-small-coo

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
True that! However the main reason I tried it other than throttle response is to bring a new product to Powderlites. As an employee there I know Dave will only take on something with quality and reliability, and if the ripcharger boys can get a few more things figured out, we will be the dealer for the Skidoo Xp 800 supercharger kit! There is one main thing that we are not allowed to talk about that makes or breaks the functionality of a supercharger on a 2 stroke motor, and it works! This will be a very new and functional piece of equipment that everyone will have to have once they ride one!
cheers!

My guess is the way the backpressure is compensated for the supercharger...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
We will be testing and doing R & D on this unit and so far Very impressed with how it runs by what Mitch did on July 1st.
Rip Charger has partner up with us to sell and do some manufacturing.
I believe this should be a great product with the amount of time Rip charger has into the pentented design that makes it work.
We will not take deposits at this time until product is proven and ready to ship.
We will update you as this project develops.
www.powderlites.com
250-836-4422
We would like a idea of how many guys will want a great running pump gas supercharger 2 stroke kit.
Thanks for your feedback!
Dave Forsyth:face-icon-small-coo

i like this...its adding credibility with you fella;s on board...not saying ripcharger didn;t have credibility...just saying this mix is very positive

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rip Charger 800 Doo

i like this...its adding credibility with you fella;s on board...not saying ripcharger didn;t have credibility...just saying this mix is very positive

In this sled performance world it is tough to find honest reliable business that takes care of there customers.
Way too many guys don't speak up about buying junk and getting ripped off by guys running off with there money and never getting there parts.
I am in business for the long haul and it makes it very hard for new guys to even make a living.
How much is a certain business worth once they have a repution like some that are still around ripping people off.
I hope Powder Lites Inc is worth something when I want to sell.
Bad customers also make it tough that try to think they are the best riders and bla, bla, want to ride for free or don't pay there bills!
You wouldn't beleive how many guys think they are the chit!
I have won over 60 throphies and awards in two years against the best at that time on my own and can give my sled to a good rider to show what we can build.
There is a lot of NEGATIVE stuff about this sport that needs to be address and dealt with.
Yes we have talked a long time with Rip Charger and want this to be positive and hoping they can make it with a great product to pay back all 6 years of R&D.
I am also proud to have Mitch,Darren and the staff with there young open minds and talent to help PowderLites in making all products get improved and beat the competion.
Have we made mistakes? hell yes but PowderLites will be pushing to make the best products out there and always improving in a positive way.
New website coming soon!! Dave Forsyth
www.powderlites.com

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Sounds good Dave. Any pictures of the XP install? Any details you care to share? How many XP units are out there, now many miles etc?? I know it's still "new" technology for the 2-strokes....are there still any major hurdles to get this to full production? How does tuning/install for the average guy compare to a 2S turbo setup?

Jul 22, 2008
Sounds good Dave. Any pictures of the XP install? Any details you care to share? How many XP units are out there, now many miles etc?? I know it's still "new" technology for the 2-strokes....are there still any major hurdles to get this to full production? How does tuning/install for the average guy compare to a 2S turbo setup?

There is only one xp unit so far, the reason being is that the ripcharger boys didnt want to jump into the carb game at this point because of the time involved in the initial tune. The concept however is proven at this point, it flat out works, the charger itself is going through its final stages of development and hopefully will be ready for release in the fall.
As far as setup, I took the turbo off my sled and installed the charger and didnt touch my jetting, i just had to modify the float bowl pressure a bit to compensate for less exhaust restriction (less bowl pressure) and crank my shockwave OUT a turn and ride!
The boys have a few thousand kms on the arctic cat's with no engine failures all on pump gas and 8-10 ps, even on the 2010 high compression cat!

G
Apr 23, 2008
This all looks nice,,
In past attempts the limit was 8 psi at sealevel.

Hope you guys have made it past that,, sounds promising..

Look forward to seeing the dyno results at higher than 8 psi .

The sledders in the mountains could be candidates , recovering lost power is at the forefront rather than monster power like us flatlanders look for..

great work,,, there really is no such thing as (can't be done )..LOVE to see the folks thinking outside the box..

Gus

Jul 22, 2008
Yea, throw some chum in the water...plenty of people circling these cat and doo supercharger threads ready to bite.

Pics, vids, conversation on product development....anything.

keep circling, it will be the catch of the century!

I am still finalizing the mounting solution for the xp chassis, I want the charger mounted on the mag side of the engine so you can get a good supply of cold air without a filter sticking out the side of the panel just to get ripped off in the deep pow! We are also looking into a cogged kevlar belt so it wont slip when in the deep pow! Tunnel dump exhaust is already in the mix to keep it runnin strong in the deep pow!

Can you tell I like the DEEP POW!

Summer Sucks!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I hear that Ripcharger is having BDX produce the stepup gear case that is not holding up very well.

Probably going to be winter before anyone can buy or see pictures of one of these!

Jul 22, 2008
Here are a couple of preview pics, as you can see we are driving the blower off the mag side, and yes you get to keep the pull starter, and your electric starter! There is an automotive style belt tensioner to keep that belt snug at all times. The airbox will probably be made from carbon fiber but hasn't been molded yet. There will be a 50mm bov to vent excess boost and cure any runon there might be. We are going to try to get it on the dyno tomorro with the old airbox just to see what kind of numbers it makes.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221164

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Here are a couple of preview pics, as you can see we are driving the blower off the mag side, and yes you get to keep the pull starter, and your electric starter! There is an automotive style belt tensioner to keep that belt snug at all times. The airbox will probably be made from carbon fiber but hasn't been molded yet. There will be a 50mm bov to vent excess boost and cure any runon there might be. We are going to try to get it on the dyno tomorro with the old airbox just to see what kind of numbers it makes.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221164
I would love to try one of these. Hopefully things work out with you guys and with the thing I'm working on and I can get one.

Premium Features