• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo doo's in cooke?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
im gettin mine tuned in and ready.. wow... yamaha power is nuts!!! i can only run say half throttle because im loading up with to large ot main jets... but wow.. 1/2 throttle or less keeps up right along a rev 800!!

G
Apr 23, 2008
Sweeet deal gents. dooin it, glad to hear its comin in for you.. that yami is a great powerplant..

the cooke weekend is going to be a tough one for me, we'll be racing so I can't be there this time..

Next thrusday or friday the ice here will be good to go, The promod 1000 needs to get out and let old Gussy start dialing her in ..:D:D
A task I look forward to for sure,,LOL

It almost time to see how well we did with this one too,, I only hope it lives up to our expectations,,.

Gus

boost on !!!

M
Nov 13, 2008
tuurbooooo

was wondering if this weekend was still on, good 2c it is. Love to ride a TXP or 2 as it would sell me to buy one, my buddy just finished his T NYTRO and I'll see if we can make it, if he cant is there any room?.I'm in northern Montana, 09 XP, almost setup except figuring clutching

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
The trip is still on but i believe they are headed for Ralphs place near alpine. We tied up all the loose ends and addressed the couple issues we had on Thurs but all is good. BJ loaded up Thurs eve and left Fri morning. He has the wy-doo's 860t, his 09 860 hillclimb and cog's 08 860 with the 162 3" track that is stupid light. Haven't heard yet but today was going to be a tuning day and tomorrow they were planning on doing some riding to see how it does. Hopefully all went well and some vid and pics were shot but when testing and working the last thing on ones mind is to take pics and video.

Last edited:
D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
All the looking and most of the fixing is done:D. Confirmation test ride tomarrow:eek::eek:. It's all good;).

Dave

So what was the deal? I am guessing it came all the way out to Wyoming and now you have the sled again? So something must have gone wrong..
Was it a simple fix??

Glad to see that you are trying to make it work..

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Yep got the sled now. Had to haul a$$ to North Dakota and intercept it and bring it home and give it some love. Simple stuff. Sometimes it's the small things that get overlooked. Nothing more than a fuel delivery issue. We must have had a breakdown in communication somewhere, but all is good and I understand the aggravation on everybody's part. I had to sleep with this thing last night in my nightmares. Today was good and tomorrow will be better and then the next step is getting back to Wyoming before I crash it.

Dave

So what was the deal? I am guessing it came all the way out to Wyoming and now you have the sled again? So something must have gone wrong..
Was it a simple fix??

Glad to see that you are trying to make it work..

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
How soon will this sled be back in Wyo.?
How many pounds is this sled going to be able to push?

W

wy-doo

Question 1: I need to talk with theowner about his scheduel.
Question 2: More than HE will run :D:D. He wants 10 psi though. Very capable of more.

Dave

All I have to say is thanks Dave You are a stand up guy and have a first rate business.
Thanks for taking a look at her and fixing the problem! Remember communication is the #1 problem when dealing with people!!

Now i have to figure out how to get her back to Wy asap!

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So how were the other Doo turbo's?? Was there any naturally aspirated 860's there to run against the turbo's?? Everyone is pretty quiet.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I finally got to ride a xp turbo and I got to tell you.... WOW!!!!
I have ridden a lot of boosted sleds both 2 stroke and 4 strokes
This sled has some great potential!
I have never been sold on having a turbo on a 2 stroke and tomorrow will be a hugh test..
We will play with the clutching, (because we are BANGING off the rev limiter)
We will be in real world conditions and I do plan on filming! Our group will be 1 Big *** Nytro turbo
1 Dragon 700 that runs great ... stock
1 M8 with a pipe
1 M8 with pipe and head work
9000 - 10,000 feet elev.
And we will find some good snow!!

The filming will be unbiased.. Because I want to see the truth..

Premium Features